Originally Posted by GM4Him
And the delivery of the romances are all forced. It's celebration night and everyone is frisky... FOR YOU. Oh yeah. Stud coming through. Guy or girl, they all want me.
That's been something that put me off romances in RPGs for a while now. As devs strived to provide more and more options essencially every character that joins you becames dateable/fuckable. Which could work if player was the one to initiate romance. As it is it seems like everyone want a piece of PC. It's especially clunky as it is in BG3 but I found it a problem in Dragon Ages, Mass Effects, Pillars of Eternity2. Making all companions Tinder candidates also heavily cuts into kind of stories and characters we get to meet. I found it so refreshing in PoE1 to have companions with their own lives, families, identities. Larian mentioned a while back there there will be a closely tied companion "couple". I somewhat hope we will get a wider range of characters in that regard, as it was in BG2.

And the delivery of the romances are all forced. It's celebration night and everyone is frisky... FOR YOU.
I mean, recent RPGs have been "addressing" that - in games like Mass Effect3 or PoE2 companions also get horny for each other. I mean it's just weird to me. Feels more like horny reality show then an adventure. Just give me my murder-hobo fantasy, and leave romances for dating simulators. It seemed like a good idea in BG2, but it got sour by the time Throne of Bhaal dropped.

Edit:
I finally bit the bullet and played the "Romance" scenes. Lae'zel is whatever. She makes kinda sense, though I still think it's too forced. Same with Astarion. Gale and Wyll are also rather weird and forced. Shadowheart is probably the best.
Shadowhearts romance showed some promise. I kinda hope that there will be more of it, once we get more "good" characters. I suppose it makes sense to have more self-serving, ekhm, relationship with companions we have. And hoping that there will be more likable characters added later down the line, I hope less exploitative relationships will also emerge - or non-romantic relationships.

Last edited by Wormerine; 24/10/21 01:41 PM.