Print Thread
Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
A
journeyman
journeyman
A
Originally Posted by EliasIncarnation
Originally Posted by auriejir
9.(since 5) equipping the everburn blade means your weapons will never go away. ever. again. ( on that note, either always put the weapons back or give us a button to do it )

Does "Tab" work?
so that's what "toggle combat mode" means... thanks for the tip, it works (with other weapons).
still, whatever prevents your character from putting the everburn blade away persists after switching weapon, fortunately using "tab" resets it.

Originally Posted by duelist17
I might be wrong, but I was under the impression that these redcaps were transformed to sheep unwillingly, so they can't turn back to normal even if they wanted to. So why can they all turn back to normal and go into combat when they get attacked in sheep form? The swamp changing instantly is a given tho, definitely very weird.
the whole place is under an illusion spell, once your character is aware of it, they see it for what it is. that's how illusions work in d&d. maybe the narrator should explain it ?

9.(since 5) equipping the everburn blade means your weapons will never go away. ever. again. ( on that note, either always put the weapons back or give us a button to do it )

Does "Tab" work?
so that's what "toggle combat mode" means... thanks for the tip, it works (with other weapons).
still, whatever prevents your character from putting the everburn blade away persists after switching weapon, fortunately using "tab" resets it.

That's good to know.
Its name is confusing, and if that's all "Toggle Combat Mode" does, I hope they give it a more intuitive name.

Last edited by EliasIncarnation; 17/10/21 10:39 AM.
G
stranger
stranger
G
"After some time, all enemies stop attacking and get stuck plotting move, I'm not sure what causes this but it seems to occur after the grove party."

I also meet this bug. This one is quite serious because it makes all fights meaningless, since all enemies stop attacking or moving, they just wait a few seconds then pass the round. But for me it didn't occur after the grove party, it occurred when the first time my team entered the Goblin camp and fight with the gate guards, since then every enemy had this problem!

In the previous patch I also met this bug, but it just occurred in some enemies, not all enemies, so it was bearable. In this patch it didn't occur at first so I thought it might have been fixed. But when it occurred it completely ruined the game.

Last edited by GSNDJB1; 17/10/21 10:55 PM.
A
journeyman
journeyman
A
Originally Posted by GSNDJB1
"After some time, all enemies stop attacking and get stuck plotting move, I'm not sure what causes this but it seems to occur after the grove party."

I also meet this bug. This one is quite serious because it makes all fights meaningless, since all enemies stop attacking or moving, they just wait a few seconds then pass the round. But for me it didn't occur after the grove party, it occured when the first time my team entered the Goblin camp and fight with the gate guards, since then every enemies had this problem!

In the previous patch I also met this bug, but it just occured in some enemies, not all enemies, so it was bearable. In this patch it didn't occur at first so I thought it might had been fixed. But when it occured it completely ruined the game.
to be absolutely honest, it also happens when you have an AC (roughly) over 25 or there is a harmful surface larger than what the enemy can jump (so they cannot reach you), they just stand there plotting... I didn't count it as a bug since this is beyond the scope of normal play...
would you happen to know of anything you did when it occurred that would make your characters unreachable ? maybe this wasn't cleared

Originally Posted by RagnarokCzD
Originally Posted by avahZ Darkwood
Had atleast one other scene to be texted only.
Was it conversation with nettie next to dead Drow?
If not, count it too.
in patch 5, the cinematic with the little thiefling trying to pickpocket you after you traded with the tiny con artist became text only and in patch 6, it doesn't seem to trigger for me, everybody kind of stands there.

Last edited by auriejir; 17/10/21 07:47 PM.
veteran
veteran
I got a lot of bugs with damages in combats.

I get shoved really far : 0 damage
Magic missile on my character : 0 damage

It happened a lot at the goblins camp and VS the githyanki.

French Speaking Youtube Channel with a lot of BG3 videos : https://www.youtube.com/c/maximuuus
addict
addict

I also meet this bug. This one is quite serious because it makes all fights meaningless, since all enemies stop attacking or moving, they just wait a few seconds then pass the round. But for me it didn't occur after the grove party, it occured when the first time my team entered the Goblin camp and fight with the gate guards, since then every enemies had this problem!

Same here. First encountered when in goblin camp trying to kill Halsin during an evil playthrough. From then on, no NPC ever took an action during combat. After I cleared the grove, Minthara dissapeared (may or may not be a related bug). End of playthrough.

Larian, please make accessibility a priority for upcoming patches.
G
stranger
stranger
G

In the previous patch I also met this bug, but it just occured in some enemies, not all enemies, so it was bearable. In this patch it didn't occur at first so I thought it might had been fixed. But when it occured it completely ruined the game.
to be absolutely honest, it also happens when you have an AC (roughly) over 25 or there is a harmful surface larger than what the enemy can jump (so they cannot reach you), they just stand there plotting... I didn't count it as a bug since this is beyond the scope of normal play...
would you happen to know of anything you did when it occurred that would make your characters unreachable ? maybe this wasn't cleared

Originally Posted by RagnarokCzD
Originally Posted by avahZ Darkwood
Had atleast one other scene to be texted only.
Was it conversation with nettie next to dead Drow?
If not, count it too.
in patch 5, the cinematic with the little thiefling trying to pickpocket you after you traded with the tiny con artist became text only and in patch 6, it doesn't seem to trigger for me, everybody kind of stands there.
Yeah I got you, but in that case it should be only one enemy stand there plotting, but right now all enemies in any of my fight just stand there and do nothing. This should be a bug.

enthusiast
enthusiast
After my Sorcerer playthrough i feel like there are a lot of issues that were not there before, mostly graphic ones but also quest and conversation bugs.

i.e.:

after taking sides and killing Nere the rest of the duergar attack me even though i sided with them.

After refusing to kill Spaw for glut, the fight begins and the whole myconid colony is agressive.

There is more but since i did not play for a while, i am not sure if its new or it just did not occur on previous playthroughs...

A
journeyman
journeyman
A
Yeah I got you, but in that case it should be only one enemy stand there plotting, but right now all enemies in any of my fight just stand there and do nothing. This should be a bug.
sorry, half of my actual job is finding bugs, the other half is creating/fixing them so, I was just trying to investigate what caused the bug in question ^.^'

G
stranger
stranger
G
sorry, half of my actual job is finding bugs, the other half is creating/fixing them so, I was just trying to investigate what caused the bug in question ^.^'
I remember in my last normal fights one of my foes stuck at the harmful surface and do nothing. And after I killed it and finished this fight every enemy I met in the following fight just stand there and do nothing.

G
apprentice
apprentice
G
Just some things I've noticed:

Some cutscenes have been lagging even when I lower the graphics settings. This has never been a problem for me before.

The characters' faces are a little more blurred than usual? Almost like the DOF has them a little out of focus. It stays this way even when I disable DOF though.

The animations in Astarion's first scene are broken. He floats off the ground for a moment before sliding over to the side of the screen. Then his eyes are stuck looking to the right when he talks to you.

Some dialogue is broken as well. Characters react as if you've chosen a dialogue option even if you haven't because none appeared. I noticed that in the Astarion bite scene he acts as if you're grabbing a weapon even if you don't choose that option.

And I don't know if this was intentional, but your companions tend to stand with their bodies angled away a little in cutscenes now. They have to turn their heads a bit to look at you. It's subtle so I'm not sure if it's a bug or a deliberate change that was made. To me it seems off though.

L
stranger
stranger
L
The Astarion biting/vampire reveal scene being text only for the moment makes me sad. I
already ran it on my Sorc but I really want my Tiefling Warlock to get the full wink experience so I'm hoping it is fixed soon.

addict
addict
When I follow Nettie into the room with the dissected Drow I no longer get the cutscene with the poison branch, just get the dialogue options.

Last edited by Ranxerox; 18/10/21 11:20 PM.
veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by Ranxerox
When I follow Nettie into the room with the dissected Drow I no longer get the cutscene with the poison branch, just get the dialogue options.
Yes, during my playthrough I noticed quite a few cutscenes missing. Another one that I can recall was Astarion's first feeding. Perhaps they are getting an overhaul?

In patch 6, whenever my character passes the Perception check to notice that the Tiefling, who "guards" the Tiefling who sells fake magical items, is trying to steal from my character, the cinematic dialogue doesn't start.
In patch 5, it wasn't cinematic there either, but it would otherwise work normally.

A
journeyman
journeyman
A
In patch 6, whenever my character passes the Perception check to notice that the Tiefling, who "guards" the Tiefling who sells fake magical items, is trying to steal from my character, the cinematic dialogue doesn't start.
In patch 5, it wasn't cinematic there either, but it would otherwise work normally.
no ownership or anything but it's exactly what I described ^^ (good to get confirmation, modding often add bugs and filtering what is my fault from what isn't is not always easy)

I know this would absolutely break the point of having a game in the first place or just be a huge spoiler but since we are already looking for bugs, it would be nice to have a reference list of all the cutscenes and intended triggers for them so we can check if it is a bug or a feature... and I'm definitely not saying this to know why I rarely see the cutscenes that others describe... I guess I could look for it in the code but this seems like a lot of work...

Last edited by auriejir; 19/10/21 04:58 PM.
no ownership or anything but it's exactly what I described ^^ (good to get confirmation, modding often add bugs and filtering what is my fault from what isn't is not always easy)

I know this would absolutely break the point of having a game in the first place or just be a huge spoiler but since we are already looking for bugs, it would be nice to have a reference list of all the cutscenes and intended triggers for them so we can check if it is a bug or a feature... and I'm definitely not saying this to know why I rarely see the cutscenes that others describe... I guess I could look for it in the code but this seems like a lot of work...

Oh, I didn't see the post where you said that, and you even mentioned patch 5...
Well, like you said, it's good to have confirmation.

As for a list, I think that it would have made sense for them to have included a debug mode that would show the names of events and other information somewhere on the screen when they happen, and a way to send a bug report in-game while the event is happening or supposed to happen.
It would have also been really convenient if they had made a weekly updated known bugs list here with a spoiler warning on the site that would list bugs by game version.

Last edited by EliasIncarnation; 19/10/21 06:52 PM.
journeyman
journeyman
i've noticed sometimes in dialogues... Gales and some other guys necks are turning like they are from poltergeist. i will get a screenshot when i encounter it again.

G
apprentice
apprentice
G
Yes, I'm getting this too. Even in instances where it isn't as extreme the characters appear to be looking off at something else rather than at the player. I've taken some screenshots but don't know how to upload them here.

G
apprentice
apprentice
G
Is anyone else unable to apply feather fall and disguise self? I cast the spell and the audio is there (the character reciting the spell and the noise it makes when it's cast) but there is no animation and the spell isn't applied. When I try to do it with a scroll the scroll just remains in my inventory.

Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Link Copied to Clipboard