Originally Posted by Lady Avyna
I found something interesting that you can come across in the blighted village. In a cellar there is an ornate mirror where you get asked the question of how you would see yourself in the mirror. Each companion has some interesting choice answers.

Lae'zel for some reason only two answers you can give:
~ I'd see myself as a kith'rak: ghaik head in one hand, silver sword in the other.
~ I'd see the Zaith'isk, the purifier- a relic used to extract a tadpole.
(She hasn't lied about what she wants to the player. She wants to be a great warrior and she wants to get rid of the tadpole.)

Shadowheart and everyone else gets three answers: Shadowheart
~ I have no memory of my parents, I'd like to see them, at least once.
~ I'd see myself as Shar's Chosen with all her power at my disposal.
~ I'd see those who tormented me in the past receive the same.
(She misses her parents, she wants to be Shar's chosen, and she also seeks vengeance on those that wronged her. I can sympathize with that)

Astarion
~I'd see my home. My real home. The one I haven't seen in centuries.
~I'd see a way to safely keep the powers this mindflayer worm have given me.
~I'd see Cazador, my old master, burning in the sun.
(We learn here Astarion misses his real home. He wants to safely keep the powers the tadpole gave him, for what reason we don't know. Last, he wants revenge against Cazador, understandably so.)

Gale
~I'd see a wizard tower. A safe haven for me and a sweetheart-forever.
~I'd see myself in my next incarnation: a living manifestation of Netherese magic. A mythal in my own right.
~I'd see my rivals humbled- jealous of the majesty that I have become.
(His first response is loving but the next two seem power hungry. He wants to be almost God like, a mythal. His last one also reveals he has rivals and he wants to be greater than them almost in an envious way.)

Wyll
~I'd would see my father- his arms extended in forgiveness.
~I'd see Mizora, coward before me and begging my mercy.
~I'd see droves of admirers, gather to hail the Blade of Frontiers.
(He wronged his father somehow and seeks forgiveness. He wants Mizora to fear him and lastly, he wants popularity.)

As for the main character
~I'd see the ones I love.
~I'd look for a whatever spell will rid me of this worm in my head.
~I'd see my enemies suffering.
(I notice the MC's answers are similar to Lae'zel, Shadowheart and Astarion. Seeing loved ones, finding a way to get rid of the tadpole and revenge on enemies.)

I'm curious to know if seeing this might change some of your views on the companions. What do you guys think?

I believe this makes me doubt Gale's alignment further. X] Of course, I realize that there has to be options of any alignment when the player is in control - but I do wonder how much of a say we'll have in their actual character development later on... Thinking of something similar to Aloth in PoE1 where most of the choices you made (or at the very least how you explained your reasoning to him) gradually pushed him towards one of his two possible paths.

Last edited by Dez; 03/11/21 08:35 AM.

Hoot hoot, stranger! Fairly new to CRPGs, but I tried my best to provide some feedback regardless! <3 Read it here: My Open Letter to Larian