Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
A
journeyman
journeyman
A
Originally Posted by Dexai
I have high approval ratings for Laessie and she still aggressively rejects me.
I haven't touched the files related to dialog so I can't go and see if the change went in the opposite direction but that may be the case

when you fall into a nondescript hole (for example when you activate a landmine on a wooden bridge in the zent hideout) your character appears dead at camp even with feather fall active ( I added the "IgnoreFallDamage()" boost to the feather fall boots, so, it is technically not feather fall specifically but it should still count since it results in the same boost ). it kinda is video gamey so I wouldn't complain but once your character gets cured from their temporary "dead" status and try to go back to where they were... well... I do get the logic and shouldn't be too surprised to see my character dead again, after all, choosing where to put the character back is a trick question but since you already designed a bottomless pit of instant death, why not choose and link a safe spot to warp the character to ?

also, while I am ranting on the topic of feather fall, I activated it before "connecting the nerves on the transponder" as bossy Mc Squidface puts it in my mind (rude) and, guess what ? it turns out that jumping from a flaming ship counts as a long rest so my feathers and my cat were gone ( mainly sad about the cat though ) which was a bit of a disappointment since feather fall is usually one of my favorite spells, specifically because it is meant to help you avoid taking damage when jumping from a flaming squid spelljammer... or a cliff if you lack imagination, I gess...

don't get me wrong, I like the fact that there is a story and the attention to the detail is already huge, the simple fact that you are taking the route of showing hands do handsy things like open a book, fiddling with its lock, flipping its pages, flipping a coin or holding amulets by the chain to show blood on it was enough to make me care about what you are doing, which is why I am here asking about others details you might have already considered (the change to the check for the underdark passage from explicitly feather fall to check whether or not I should survive the fall is great. I was already under the effect of the "IgnoreFallDamage()" boost the first time my character fell to her death and it felt a bit bad (she was actually under the "fly" boost with added "IgnoreFallDamage()", which made for a really sad surprise...) )

tl:dr, falling in instadeath holes brings you (dead) to camp. once revived "going back" makes you go back to being dead (*not* what I meant)

Last edited by auriejir; 28/10/21 02:45 PM.
A
journeyman
journeyman
A
#4 is not a bug - if a character is in dialogue they cannot move/follow.

Last edited by Aaezil; 27/10/21 02:19 PM.
A
journeyman
journeyman
A
ok, that's a weird one, I came to the druid grove and the goblin fight started.
I just continued walking the road towards blighted village and, once well outside the boundaries of the fight, I picked the flee option (for the first time I think so I didn't know what to expect).
as soon as the flee was confirmed, the dialog with gale which is on the opposite side of the map started. once the dialog ended, I was in front of gale waypoint.
I made my way back to the gate, the goblins were dead and the guy from aradin's group was dead. I continued forward to the village, "inspected" the rest of aradin's group and when I came back to the grove, zevlor was standing in the middle of the way and I couldn't interact with him. once I made a round trip inside the grove, everything returned to normal...

is it how the "flee" button in meant to work ?

veteran
veteran
Don't want to start my own topic so I hope you won't mind if I add this weird failed skill check:
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by Wormerine
Don't want to start my own topic so I hope you won't mind if I add this weird failed skill check:
Important question: Did you skip the rolling animation?

I still dont understand why cant we change Race for our hirelings. frown
Lets us play Githyanki as racist as they trully are! frown
veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by RagnarokCzD
Yes, as always. There is no automatic failure on natural one, though, is there?

Last edited by Wormerine; 30/10/21 08:39 PM.
veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by Wormerine
Yes, as always. There is no automatic failure on natural one, though, is there?
Acording to this topic ... there is:
https://forums.larian.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=796485&nt=2&page=1

But that was not my point ... the problem is that when you skip animation, sometimes math goes wrong and you get other result than game shows, bcs it dont add your bonuses. This isnt new bug. wink

stranger
stranger
Hope you don't mind me adding to this list (some may be old ones):-

1. Dusty book doesn't appear in the arcane tower, so can't answer Bernards first riddle
2. Journal entry for collecting mushrooms for Omellum says I've lost an item, when all are present in my inventory
3. If you use Thunderwave to knock Bernard off off the tower, he uses the lift, but remains on the floor below the top
4. Characters ears stick out of Helmets/hoods
5. Dead character models sometimes jumo around and stretch for a short time
6. My Teiflings tail stretches and goes rigid sometimes when moving
7. Dead/dying character models jump around and stretch before settling down after a short period
8. The Hags Masks don't work on the secret door to the underdark
9. Moving loose stones is an exact science (Risen Road and Grymforge). It seems like there is only one specific place that these stones can be moved to and findingd it is a nightmare). Messages are either "Too Far" or "not enough room"
10. When climbing down rock faces characters quite often jump down rather than climb, injuring or even killing themselves in the process

The first 2 issues can be resolved by going back to a previous save.

The other issue I have noticed is that there are occasions where casting a Spell with a high hit chance does nothing. The spell neither hits nor misses, but still takes an action. I tried this by saving before casting and retrying over 6 or 7 times with the same result. Moving my character or using a different spell resolves the issue. This has happened with Magic Missile and Chromatic orb : Thunder spells

Last edited by itsecman; 31/10/21 07:02 PM. Reason: Added comment about spells
addict
addict
The lighting in the game seems to also be off to the point that it makes the characters looks like they have white eyeliner on their eyes. In my dream sequence I made the dream lover with black hair but for some reason he had grey hair when the light is on him.

veteran
veteran
I have some new ones

- Shadowheart lost her hands after the scene with the artifact - did reload, change gloves etc. nothing works. And it is now even in saves before the artifact scene by the goblin camp.
- The game doesn't recognise, my character wears the headband of Intellect. I still get my old stats when doing an intellect based roll
- I think, darkvision is not working properly - at least, my elves and tieflings are not seeing more anymore, than the humans and gith

"We are all stories in the end. Just make it a good one."

Doctor Who
veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by fylimar
- The game doesn't recognise, my character wears the headband of Intellect. I still get my old stats when doing an intellect based roll
Just question ...
Cant this be by design?

Since i have noticed that this is working a little different than what i would expect ...

When i was trying to do Intellect roll with this Crown ...
Game counted my intellect as -1 (yup i dumped it as much as possible) ... but then it Added +3 from the crown item, when bonuses was counted ...
I mean, i know i still get only +2 as result ... but it felt somehow right. laugh

Last edited by RagnarokCzD; 01/11/21 06:00 PM.

veteran
veteran
Just question ...
Cant this be by design?

Since i have noticed that this is working a little different than what i would expect ...

Game counted my intellect as -1 (yup i dumped it as much as possible) ... but then it Added +3 from the crown item, when bonuses was counted ...
I mean, i know i still get only +2 as result ... but it felt somehow right. laugh

Ok, have to look out for that. I only saw the -1 (I dumped it too this round)

"We are all stories in the end. Just make it a good one."

Doctor Who
stranger
stranger
Continuing my list :-

11. On the
Bridge full of traps in Grymforge the penultimate trap
seems to be nearly impossible to spot and characters wander across it randomly even when moving a single character and stopping them before the trap.
12. In the Grymforge, companions are jumping from one place to another when not necessary
13. When saving, character movemen animation changes from walking/running to sliding

stranger
stranger
I'm not sure if this is a bug or a purposeful tweak gone bad. I've started a play through with a sorcerer and I am losing almost every single fight. At first I assumed it was the new class, but even my old companions such as Lazel and Wyll are dying far quicker. The spider cave is now impossible to win, even when acting super sneaky or strategic, I end up dead. Please either add a difficulty alteration setting or scale back the NPCs. After enjoying the game in early access with about a 66/33 win/lose ratio I am on 15/85 and after wiping 5 times on the spiders, I'm about to rage quit the game forever.

Last edited by Jomer; 01/11/21 10:42 PM.
A
journeyman
journeyman
A
- I think, darkvision is not working properly - at least, my elves and tieflings are not seeing more anymore, than the humans and gith
they changed quite a lot of things in the way lighting works, I had to redo the darkvision I had modded in after patch 6 hit and I can guarantee it's working, just differently.

Just question ...
Cant this be by design?

I get where you are going but this is not quite right either... I made an item that puts me at 30 before deciding that a +5 was better, in the first case, the item that set me at 30 was indeed counted separately while in the second, only the total was used : 20+10+5 -> 35; modifier of +12, yes, only 30 was displayed but the modifier is 12 for ability checks, 10 for everything else.
also, if you have proficiency from two sources, you are double proficient \ o /

Sometimes, when my character becomes Prone, I can't end my turn or exit turn-based mode, and I have to load a save.

B
apprentice
apprentice
B
2 fights away from completing my second playthrough since patch 6 was released, I wanted to be sure of the really annoying bugs/decrepencies. Sometimes hotfixes come out immediately, wanted to give them time for that as well.

1) The environ has been darkened, as drastic as the change from patches 4 and 5. And dark vision does not work as was intended. 30 meters of dark vision is not 5-10, and torches-even the Everburn blade and the ring of light (which name escapes me atm) do not give off enough light. I know they are going for a "darker" game, but when you have to play it in a darkened room so your high end monitor will show you the details, that a bit much.

2) Random companion drops, I had both Shadowheart and get Wyll drop and would not move until reloading.

3) 3/4 of the way through this playthrough, everyone, dead and alive, got a combat aura about them all the time, it was always on and can been seen through walls. Do you know how easy it is to avoid fights when you know they're coming?

4) In Grymforge, the Gnome brother you rescue who takes over the clan, who's namew also escapes me atm, his face is melted away and you see his teeth move with his eye floating where the eye socket should be.

There were more that were more of an annoyance that corrected with reload, but those are the highlights after 2 playthroughs in patch 6.

D
journeyman
journeyman
D
Originally Posted by itsecman
Continuing my list :-

11. On the
Bridge full of traps in Grymforge the penultimate trap
seems to be nearly impossible to spot and characters wander across it randomly even when moving a single character and stopping them before the trap.
12. In the Grymforge, companions are jumping from one place to another when not necessary
13. When saving, character movemen animation changes from walking/running to sliding

Regarding #11, I also noticed that the traps there get disarmed even if you fail the disarm check.

D
journeyman
journeyman
D
Originally Posted by Barverak
2 fights away from completing my second playthrough since patch 6 was released, I wanted to be sure of the really annoying bugs/decrepencies. Sometimes hotfixes come out immediately, wanted to give them time for that as well.

1) The environ has been darkened, as drastic as the change from patches 4 and 5. And dark vision does not work as was intended. 30 meters of dark vision is not 5-10, and torches-even the Everburn blade and the ring of light (which name escapes me atm) do not give off enough light. I know they are going for a "darker" game, but when you have to play it in a darkened room so your high end monitor will show you the details, that a bit much.

2) Random companion drops, I had both Shadowheart and get Wyll drop and would not move until reloading.

3) 3/4 of the way through this playthrough, everyone, dead and alive, got a combat aura about them all the time, it was always on and can been seen through walls. Do you know how easy it is to avoid fights when you know they're coming?

4) In Grymforge, the Gnome brother you rescue who takes over the clan, who's namew also escapes me atm, his face is melted away and you see his teeth move with his eye floating where the eye socket should be.

There were more that were more of an annoyance that corrected with reload, but those are the highlights after 2 playthroughs in patch 6.

Regarding #1, I believe darkvision is now 12 m, and superior darkvision is 24 m.

A
journeyman
journeyman
A
Originally Posted by dza101
Regarding #1, I believe darkvision is now 12 m, and superior darkvision is 24 m.
it has always been those values, it corresponds to the 30 and 60 ft dark vision in the manual.[edit:]this guy is right though, it's 60 ft by default in the manual, double for superior, sorry for not checking.[/edit] devilsight should be 120 ft so 48 m but the game can't recognize any distance past 32 ~ 36 m

Originally Posted by Barverak
have you tried fiddling with the option governing this ? comments on it might help (I don't know how long your playthrough is but it is possible that they don't have time to playtest for that long ^.^')

I forgot to mention that since this patch (I think), companions seem way more determined to hold / go to their assigned positions, even if it means climbing on and off for 5 minutes, jumping on my cat, killing it in the process and walking on all kind of traps... it is rather annoying. where did the (D:OS) positioning grid go by the way ? I might have been influenced by the past year but I would appreciate some more space, especially when I'm checking for traps...

Last edited by auriejir; 04/11/21 11:00 AM.
Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Link Copied to Clipboard