Originally Posted by dza101
In the manual, I believe regular darkvision = 60 f, and superior darkvision = 120 f? So they've halved the numbers.
You are absolutely right, sorry for the error.

however, the values were already 12 and 24 in prior versions / patches of the game and putting a value of more than 32~36m for the range of a spell will still be ignored and treated as this 32~36m limit (never actually bothered checking which was the actual value,I put 36 as my default range for spells and my character always still move to get in range...). I will test with 48m darkvision range, to see if there is any visual change...
I guess this is an engine limitation and with the whole fps killing light thingy they just added in this patch, this limitation might be here to stay... no meteor swarm for us, I'm afraid (1.6 km range)(and 4 points of impact on a target spell, which is another arbitrary limitation)(also, the game doesn't display ninth level spells slots while doing it fine for eighth and lower)(seriously, you can't put an "infinite wish ring" in and not expect that someone will put ninth level spell slots on it)...

Last edited by auriejir; 04/11/21 11:20 AM.