Originally Posted by GM4Him
Originally Posted by Dexai
Originally Posted by GM4Him
Anders, the "Tyrite" in the toll house, was obviously lying. He carries the Sword of Justice. Where did he get it from? Was he really a Tyrite ever?

Yes, at the very least it heavily implied, but if I remember correctly he says outright that he is a fallen paladin.

Ah, but I don't believe him. If he lied about Karlach, and he's really hunting her on behalf of Zariel, why should I believe any of his story?

And his minions are SO not dressed appropriately, but he says THEY are all paladins. He also doesn't display any paladin abilities. Maybe it's just an EA incomplete thing, but I'm thinking he isn't at all what he says he is. He's trying to make you think he's good and Karlach is a murderous butchering pregnant-mom killer.

And the bodies around the toll house also speak of murderous butchers, not gnolls. Notice the severed limbs and body parts. Gnolls would just eat people, not skin them and cut them to pieces. Seems more like the work of vicious butchers than gnolls. Did Anders and his crew butcher a bunch of people at the toll house who were maybe a part of the caravan? Was it Karlach?

There's even a bloody hand print on the wall on the east side as if someone died horribly while trying to escape someone else. Seems more like the work of a psychopath in some horror flick than savage gnolls eating their victims. I'm just saying.

But regardless of the toll house scene, my first impression of the entire Karlach scene was, "Did I make the right choice in killing Anders and saving Karlach?" But the more I play the scene and examine everything around, the more I think Anders is a total fraud. He doesn't even really know the Tenets of the Tyrite Faith, which a fallen Tyrite should know. (My cleric that I usually play is a Cleric of Tyr, and you can test Anders about the Tenets of the Faith to catch him in a lie; if I'm remembering correctly. I admit, I haven't played the part in awhile.)

If you use Speak with the Dead on the dead tollhouse collector, he will tell you, that they were indeed attacked by gnolls.

And my guess is, that the paladin abilities are not there, because the class is not finished yet.

"We are all stories in the end. Just make it a good one."

Doctor Who