Originally Posted by Saito Hikari
So the WotR devs released a big survey about the game.

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSdmtQNXenWS6rfQw8jGk1GgZdvFIM5kV6VSPvk97OFCP4SPNw/viewform

General sentiment is that the game is in need of a lot of small improvements. Honestly I think this game might be in major need of an enhanced edition, though not because it's bad, but while there's a lot of small things that add up to a great experience, there's a lot of small things that detract from the overall experience too. It seems the most common complaints revolve around chapter 5 feeling rather disjointed (though I think that's also stressed by chapter 4 being as strong as it is, for how different it is from the rest of the game on top of that), but also the mythic levels being unevenly distributed (you spend about 75% of the game between mythic levels 1-5). The devs had already outright said that the latter is a real problem, but something they can only address in an enhanced edition, as it would require a rewriting of the story.
I did that survey, and I don't get how they could give you those tiny one-line input windows and expect people to explain why they like/dislike things in that tiny little space. I just picked a couple things I really wanted to talk about and tried to make it short. I just started Act 5 myself, so I skipped some of the questions. I also read up on the reddit thread and apparently majority of people say essentially the same things about the things they dislike: classses/features not functioning, "obnoxious" puzzles (mostly Nenio's, no kidding those are horrendous), random sky-high ACs on mobs, the whole crusade aspect, mythic rank pacing, chapter 5 and 6 issues, inventory issues, how monk-dipped naked AC trumps regular plate armor, and guess what, the "moving islands" mechanics in Act 4. Even the survey includes the moving islands as an aspect you can select. Apparently the devs are aware of most if not all of the problems themselves, and at the very least they asked the right questions in their survey. Now I wonder to what extent will they be altering their game to accommodate all the feedback.

I think this kind of survey would be a nice idea for Larian to do too, considering that they have done "definitive edition" before which made major overhauls to both story and game mechanics.

Last edited by Try2Handing; 06/11/21 05:53 AM.

"We make our choices and take what comes and the rest is void."