Originally Posted by GM4Him
A AAA budget. I think they might be able to afford a single difficulty setting using proper D&D stats and go into the code and change some 4s to 6s especially since they've said in the past they will do difficulty settings eventually and especially since it is obviously so important to a lot of people.
That is question of implementation ...
If you create whole system with lets say 1.000 creatures ... and then you implement your difficiulty like:

Story mode
HP * 0,5 ... AC * 0,5 ... Hit roll * 0,5 ... damage roll * 0,5 ... Dif for conversation rolls * 0,5

Easy
HP * 0,75 ... AC * 0,75 ... Hit roll * 0,75 ... damage roll * 0,75 ... Dif for conversation rolls * 0,75

Normal
HP * 1 ... AC * 1 ... Hit roll * 1 ... damage roll * 1 ... Dif for conversation rolls * 1

Hard
HP * 1,5 ... AC * 1,5 ... Hit roll * 1,5 ... damage roll * 1,5 ... Dif for conversation rolls * 1,5

Insane
HP * 2,5 ... AC * 2,5 ... Hit roll * 2,5 ... damage roll * 2,5 ... Dif for conversation rolls * 2,5

All walues will set themselves with zero additional work ...
You simply adjust single variable, everything else is made automaticly ...
But if you have to go through stats of all 1.000 creatures and check every of all those stats they have ... well, that is conciderably more work, dont you agree?

And im talking here about stats only ... note that if you would wish to give full DnD Difficiulty, then you would also need to check all their attacks and spells they should have ... then learn them to use them properly ... then learning all your other characters to react on them properly ...

Originally Posted by robertthebard
Party of 6 will trivialize the content. This is a point that has been made, and refuted with "so what".
Wich was never answered. laugh
I mean come on ... indulge me, please ... tell me at least single "so what", for why would you even care that im playing this game easier. laugh

Last edited by RagnarokCzD; 06/11/21 03:44 PM.

I still dont understand why cant we change Race for our hirelings. frown
Lets us play Githyanki as racist as they trully are! frown