Originally Posted by RagnarokCzD
Originally Posted by Amirit
It is not that far-fetched. There are flavours that you can change freely - chess should not be black/white, you can use other colours (this is what Dms change in DnD). It will not change the game. But if you are changing the fundamental rules, you have another game.
In video game perspective ...
Changing Black/White to Red/Green is simmilar to download different skins ... the game looks different, but its fundamentaly the same.

Changing rules would mean creating own monsters, own spells, own rules ...

Do you claim this isnt happening?
In that case, feel free to read litteraly everything or anything on this paige:
https://www.dandwiki.com/wiki/5e_Homebrew

There are core mechanics in DnD that no DM will ever change.
Only Sith deals with absolutes ...
Also this is not true, personaly i know a DM that is changing a lot of core rules (including option for us to create our own spells, curently i play such session for few months and its great!) ... so, sory but your argument is invalid. laugh

I can imagine what people would say "in that case its no longer DnD" ... well, so what? laugh
You can call it "based on 5e" ... coincidentally exactly the wording that was used in advertising BG-3. laugh

Rest system and action economy are at the very heart of the system. You change one thing - the whole system falls apart. Food eliminates healing and rest, breaks the rule of Bonus Action, makes some spells useless, changes encounter levels.
And we are affraid of change, arent we? smile

You know those rules you are defending so hard are at least 5th version? That allone implies the fact that there allready was some changes in the past. laugh
Usualy its called evolution. wink

What was promised is 5e, and 5e people expect.
Can you please provide me the source? smile
I would like to finaly see it ... i mean people claim this for last year im here ... so far nobody was able to provide it. O_o
Should be easy if they actualy promised that, no? smile

+1