Originally Posted by fylimar
Originally Posted by Lady Avyna
Originally Posted by fylimar
SInce I never used eating food for healing (I never even knew, it existed) how much were you able to heal? Someone mentioned as much as a normal healing potion - is that true? That would be very overpowered imo.
When it was available and I used it, the health regained depended on what type of food you ate. Not all food healed the same. An apple gave you about a quarter of your health back and a potato have you, I believe about half.
Oh wow - that much? That makes healing classes and healing potions/scrolls obsolete imo.
Nah ... it was not so much ...
Or i remember that incorectly. laugh

As far as i know, usualy it healed the same as healing potion ... meaning probably 2d4 (as far as i know, it was never showed anywhere what healing potential wich food have, not in tooltip, maybe in combat log, i never searched for it back then) ...
But there was some more heavy foods as that infamous pig head, that were healing REALLY a lot ... i believe once i healed for 15 with it ...

On the other hand, you should note that such pighead, even if that healed a lot (wich means as much as potion with ideal rolls + few drops more) was aproximately 5-7 times heavier than standard healing potion ... and carry weight rules was much loosened back then than they are now (encumbrance and heavy encumbrance was not implemented yet ... so you could use full extention of your carryweight without any debuff)

So in my opinion it was certainly not more effective way to heal yourself ...
But some people are comparing just one number and ignoring everything else. :-/

Last edited by RagnarokCzD; 07/11/21 03:50 PM.

I still dont understand why cant we change Race for our hirelings. frown
Lets us play Githyanki as racist as they trully are! frown