Originally Posted by PrivateRaccoon
How about the fact that Larian keep using DnD 5e as a marketing tool?
Why wouldnt they?
I mean this game IS based on DnD 5e ... its not their fault that some people wished for something else. :-/

"incorporating" not inspired by or influenced by
Indeed ... and also not "litteral transcription" ... what is your point?
We could find dozens of synonims they didnt use. laugh

There is no doubt that Larian has and still does use DnD 5e for marketing purposes.
And since their game is based on DnD 5e its perfectly fine ... again, what is your point here? O_o

It's no coincidence that their announcement of BG3 was together with WoTC, the creator of DnD.
And owner of Baldur's Gate trademark. laugh

It indeed is no coincidence, but i would say you presume too much. wink

Does that tell us that things don't work on a digital platform if Sven personally don't find it fun? Or does it tell us that some things don't translate well mechanically since in table top it can be imagined, in video game it has to be visually presented?
Question here is: Does it matter?

I mean Swen obivously leads this project ... if it would be movie, Swen would be director ... his job is to mediate(?) his vision for us ... and purpose of EA is to find out how much that vision is close to our expectations, possibly even bend it a little somewhere, so our goals get closer together ...

But he still sells his vision, his product, there is his name on it. :-/
And in the end he (probably not litteraly, i presume he have people for that) will decide wich of our suggestion goes good with his vision, and wich are completely off.

I still dont understand why cant we change Race for our hirelings. frown
Lets us play Githyanki as racist as they trully are! frown