Originally Posted by mrfuji3
Originally Posted by Lady Avyna
I don't take offense to a joke but it seems my idea of asking for the consumption of food for whatever reason is a joke to you guys, even though the it's required in DnD. Maybe not for combat but for healing a character's exhaustion.
So why not argue for food being used to restore (or prevent) exhaustion, instead of restore HP?
Originally Posted by PHB pg 185
Food and Water
Characters who don't eat or drink suffer the effects of exhaustion. Exhaustion caused by lack of food or water can't be removed until the character eats and drinks the full required amount.

Food
...A character can go without [1 lb of food per day] for a number of days equal to 3+ his or her Con modifier. At the end of each day beyond that limit, a character automatically suffers one level of exhaustion.

...etc
The section on food and water doesn't mention the effects of food and water on healing HP; it doesn't even say that food and water is required for short (using Hit Dice) and long resting (restoring your full HP). I suppose the 4th level of exhaustion does reduce your HP by half, so ~8-9 lbs of food kind of equals half of a character's max HP..?

I don't mind if they implement food and water to relieve exhaustion. That's perfectly fine.