Originally Posted by mrfuji3
Originally Posted by Lady Avyna
That's fair. I do wonder, maybe I'm wrong, why it seems that the ability to consume food is a big no-no for some players? Maybe not for healing but in general. I find that interesting.
Yes, you are partly wrong here. I (and it seems many others ITT) don't have a problem with food being in the game for *non-healing* purposes. Flavor, selling for money, throwing at enemies, using for short/or long rest, possibly different foods can be cooked into meals during a long rest, each of which provides a small bonus for the next day. All of these are ~fine ways for food to be in BG3, as long as it doesn't clutter the inventory too much, or else it does start to become a problem.

My (and others') problem is lots of food that you can eat during combat for free healing. As @JandK, that is mechanically the same (except cheaper) as being given a lot of potions and thus making the game easier. So this seems like a difficulty mode problem and solution. If food only heals on easier difficult levels, or you're equivalently given bazillions of potions, sure that's acceptable.

I see and I understand.