Originally Posted by GM4Him
That is not true. Problem is, they never gave people the chance. I find more people out here who have never tried 5e, and they say, "I'm glad they didn't do 5e because I hate 5e and it would never work in a video game.

Here's my stance:

I play Tabletop with others. We use an app on Google Play Store. It guides them in character creation. Super easy to do. Full 5e. All electronic.

We play a tabletop session. I use Tabletop simulator or an app that allows me to use digital maps and pawns. We run fights. Everything is via apps. They move their pawns, the app even says how far they move in feet. They use dice rolling app to roll for hits and damage. They get hit, their app records the HP loss.

Again, all electronic via apps and all using full blown D&D 5e stats and rules with a few homebrew like advantage flanking bonus because that makes sense to me.

So, if we can run tabletop using apps for everything, why can't they implement 5e more in BG3?

Yeah it's a good question. They clearly haven't even really tried it, cause they never wanted it.