Originally Posted by GM4Him
Am I missing something?
Yes.

You go to the camp, kill gut, join with Minthara for what? Does she really offer you power? Not really.
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

You do what you're told because you're a murder hobo and hot for Minthara.
Its one of many possible reasons, yes ... certainly not the only one.
But i would repeat myself once again, and since you refuse to acnowledge them so far .... i somehow cant shake the feeling it would be wasted time. :-/

She sleeps with you, falls in love with you and says, "Let's meet up again later."
Even if ... and yes, there is if ... what is wrong about that? laugh
Some couples i know started with less ... i dont claim they lasted long tho, but that is different story. laugh
Also:
Seems like you conveniently left out that part, where you use your tadpole powers to infuse her desire for you ... also as far as i know, nobody ever told that she "love" you ... she wants you, but that is also different story. wink

But... Um... What about the weapon? Weren't you after the weapon? Instead, the Absolute tells you to kill me and you lie and say you did and walk away WITHOUT the weapon.
Nah, you got this wrong ...
See? She presume that Druids or Tieflings have the weapon ... not you ... by the time you celebrate at night, she allready know that she was wrong and there was no weapon in the Grove. wink

The other topic, her claim that Absolute demands your death, is not related to the weapon (or at least i dont recall anything that would imply otherwise, feel free to show me if you do) ...
And concidering how fast she turn around to that the Absolute should test you and told her that she should help you instead ... i believe this can be seen as proof that Minthara actualy dont have any specific instructions about you, and simply reasons by the Absolute will for everything as true fanatic. laugh

I still dont understand why cant we change Race for our hirelings. frown
Lets us play Githyanki as racist as they trully are! frown