Originally Posted by Maximuuus
Unchain other characters to select and move a single character is definitely intuitive smile

This doesn't even make sense. I don't unchain three characters to move a single character.

I swipe one character to the right, unchaining that character. Now I'm only moving that character. Another way to solely move one character is to put the character in stealth while the others aren't. That works too.

Regardless, swiping to the right, not all that difficult, surprisingly easy.

Originally Posted by GM4Him
I'm fairly certain some people are Larian employees out here defending Larian's decisions and mechanics and such.

Sigh. Cognitively, it's like talking to a wall. Seriously.

Originally Posted by Soul-Scar
If my selected character simply looks in a different direction the entire team 8 time out of 10 decide to...

I challenge you. Stream yourself playing for one hour on Youtube. Don't try to make mistakes happen, just play naturally and normally. We'll count the real issues and see how close your "8 out of 10" estimate measures up.

It's unbelievable how many times I've been called disingenuous on this forum while statements like this are floating around. Clear exaggeration, in my opinion, and if I'm wrong, by all means: prove it. Stream yourself playing on Youtube for one hour. Let's see the nightmare you describe live.

Originally Posted by Soul-Scar
I don't understand how a very select few are having no issues when the vast majority of players are reporting the exact same issues?

I believe you have seen a lot of complaints. From previous patches. You're conflating all of the complaints from Patch 1 till today, leaning on that shaky body of evidence like a crutch.

Look around the threads these days. It's the same usual suspects making the same series of snide remarks.

Originally Posted by Black_Elk
I appreciate your participation and your feedback, even though I completely disagree with it on this issue.

Thank you. I respect your opinion, and I appreciate that you respect mine in return.

To touch on a few of the things you mentioned, yes I'd say our gaming history is similar.

Regarding the current mechanic, it's like the back of your hand once you get used to it. Sometimes I'll swipe two characters together and have the other two apart. Sometimes I'll keep one separate by keeping it in stealth. I take my time with things; I appreciate being able to move the camera about. I keep in mind which characters I have chained together. In short, I pay attention. Something I suspect a few more people could try doing before coming to the forums and coating their words in venom.

To date, I've played an enormous number of hours of this game. In fact, I was happy just playing the game without coming to the forum to explain my opinions. Until recently, when the Stadia patch didn't update at the same time as the Steam patch. That finally convinced me to join the discussion here so I could ask about the update.

Then I got a firsthand glimpse of some of the local characters monopolizing the conversation. I heard some of the ideas being pushed. And in the politest way possible to say this, I wasn't impressed. In fact, I was appalled. So. I decided to stick around for a little while, to offer what feedback I could to the community.

I think this game is wonderful. The writing is exceptional. (And not to be cruel, but I'm amazed at the number of people who can barely put together a paragraph who feel cavalier enough to assure everyone else that the writing is awful.)

I'd say it's easily the best game I've played since Troika's 2003 Temple of Elemental Evil, and really, I'd consider this a modern day improvement of that very game, in terms of sound, visual appeal, and overall mechanic.