Maybe the character models in the numerous pods we see aboard the nautiloid are still missing in early access, and we will see them later. So I think Astarion`s story makes sense, he might have still be trapped in one of these pods and be able to see us seemingly allowed to walk around freely, which leads him to believe we are collaborating with his captors. And leads to his not very nice, but – from his perspective - comprehensible reaction when we first meet him. I really like his introduction, I think it is very fitting for a rogue and for his character. And we get a first impression of his skills wink

Gale might have been able to escape from a damaged pod while our character was still unconscious outside their own pod, and I would not blame him for not checking too long if our character is really dead, not when there are intellect devourers around.
But there is another part of his introductory dialogue I found a bit suspicious, when your character is a wizard or a sorcerer. Gale says “There's a gust of weave about you, but it’s a mere breeze. I need a tempest. It’ll have to wait. The primary need is a healer.” Considering what we learn about Gale's condition later: would he have somehow tried to use our magic, if we were more powerful, like he does with the magical artefacts? I was wondering since a sorcerer's magic is described as inborn and a part of them, but I do not know if there would be a possibility for him to do so at all. Maybe I am reading too much into this, but I like if it was some hint that he is hiding even more than his condition.

Last edited by Lyelle; 26/11/21 07:49 PM. Reason: Some rephrasing and additions