But I found curious about the lore that I posted was the constant mentioning of how the gods had various chosen. It's almost as if the absolute is a day late and a dollar short. The second sundering is over, but the absolute still has three chosen. Meanwhile, all the other gods have pretty much stripped their chosen of powers.

I also thought it was interesting because many people seem to think that bg3 is over the top with too much about gods being at war and everything being on a grand scale. But as you read this about the second sundering you will see that bg3 is simply following along with the story that took place within the last decade. As you read it, you see that there is so much deity drama. After reading it, it made me realize that they are just creating a sequel to all that drama. In fact, I give them credit because they have to try to somehow tie in bg3 with over 130 years of this kind of drama. They have to somehow tie it in with the previous two games while still incorporating in all of this other lore that directly affects the game they're creating. That is no simple task.

So I do think we should try to give them a little bit more credit since they are trying to create a sequel in the present forgotten Realms time period but still tie it back to the previous games.