Originally Posted by RagnarokCzD
Originally Posted by mrfuji3
5e isn't as role-limited as you're suggesting here.
Yeah, it was never good methaphor ...
I was kinda affraid someone will take it litteraly ... maybe should have write Shadowheart, Laezel, Astarion and Gale ...

Im aware that there are other classes that *could* potentialy fit simmilar role (even tho, i still believe that no healer in the game is ever as effective as Life Cleric, since *healing* is their whole reason of existence laugh but that is just matter of opinion), aswell as hybrid classes (or multiclass) that can fulfill those roles even better ...
But that was not my point ...

Point was, to put it more in general, that if you create 12 classes and every will specialize in something, and also you set 4 member limit ... you will allways miss something, that is inevidable ... in tabletop, people are counting with this, but in PC games that is not as popular way. :-/
That's fair. Especially since it's likely we'll be unable to change certain companion subclasses (e.g., make SH a Life instead of Trickery cleric).

Though while we'll certainly be missing (or just be less effective at) something with any given party, hopefully this can be made up for by being able to freely swap out party members. Assuming that Larian lets us keep all of our companions beyond Act 1 of course...