Here's the other issue I have with all this. I have a software program for DMing: Fantasy Grounds Unity. In that, I can use RAW 5e rules and stats and so on and so forth.

However, I can modify it and create homebrew rules and monsters and so forth as well. It is essentially a computer game. I can drop monsters onto a map and player characters as well. I have an initiative tracker, and I can move the monsters while the players can move their characters, etc.

The ONLY thing it can't do is BE the DM.

So, there is absolutely no reason why Larian can't do a full blown 5e video game and have it work really well. They have the non-combat DMing AI etc. down. That's the best part of the game. So, there is no reason why they can't make the full blown 5e rules work in the game. They could literally build it like the Fantasy Grounds elements, with graphics boosts etc. and give enemies AI. Even as in Fantasy Grounds, I can add my own homebrew as well, so they could allow players to implement their own homebrew that they might like.

Do you like potions as BA? Start with potions as Actions but allow players the option to select potions as BA.

Like advantage high ground? Allow players the option to make the a setting in their game.

Like +2 for high ground? Allow players the option to make that their homebrew for their game.

If Fantasy Grounds can do it, and they're SO much less awesome than Larian, why can't Larian provide us with something similar? Give us RAW 5e, and let us have options to tweak it to our own personal homebrew preferences, just like the lesser Solasta and Fantasy Grounds Unity allows.