Okay. Let me apologize. I think there was a major misunderstanding about this particular branch of the conversation. Right now you are really focusing on one tiny thing that I said. Meanwhile the overall point is being missed.

Yes, there should be only one use for a cantrip scroll. That use is to allow a mage who does not know that can trip to be able to cast it. That is the only use for such a scroll. The point I was trying to make, is that in the game right now characters who are not mages have yet another item that they can use to make mages obsolete and not needed.

In other words, if my fighter can simply pick up an item and even cast a can trip, then what good is a mage at all? My fighter cannot only take a lot of damage, deal a lot of melee and ranged damage, but he can also use scrolls to cast firebolt or frostbite or whatever the cantrip is. He can also use scrolls to make clerics null and void. So my fighter can cast revive cure wounds, guiding Bolt, etc.

So, again I say, why not just create a fighter, select a background that gives you sleight of hand and stealth, and then rely on potions, scrolls that heal, and so on and so forth? After all, now my fighter can do everything all by himself. He essentially has spell slots in the form of scrolls and potions and other magic items. So he doesn't need any other class at all.

That is my point.