I think you're the only one seeing an argument, Robert. I'm definitely not intending to argue - just clarify opinions and support with information. No ill-will is intended here.

The way you wrote and worded something about led me to interpret something you were trying to say incorrectly, and that's fine; you clarified and we're clear on that score now and I didn't see any further need to interject. As long as what you're saying is that the literal only use for cantrip scrolls is or should be a character for whom the cantrip is on their spell list casting it (and destroying the scroll in the process), then we're on the same page.

Here's anther quick piece of clarification:

Originally Posted by robertthebard
4. Cantrip scrolls do have a valid function, in that an arcane caster that doesn't have that cantrip castable, or simply wants to save that slot for later, can/should be able to use the scroll.

Cantrips do not cost spell slots - they can be cast infinitely with no expenditure of resources, so cantrip spell scrolls can never be about saving slots. For spell scrolls of 1st level or higher, though, saving on slots is very much a valid (and arguably even the main intended) use of them.