Nah, what puts me off most isn't Larian's creativity. It's deviating so extremely from FR lore, D&D rules, etc.

I love Larian's creativity. I think BG3 is awesome. Do I think it would GREATLY benefit from more true 5e rules and monster stats? Absolutely.

Right now, what we have isn't D&D. It's Items R Us. You don't have proper class distinctions, proper monster abilities and stats and behaviors, and items are king. As long as I have plenty of potions, scrolls that everyone can use, throwing bulbs of brine, and salamis, I can slay minotaurs and spectators and my level 1s can kill a cambion with a flaming sword and 120+ HP. Phase spiders play Misty Step Infinity, teleporting across huge distances and spitting poison, and even if I'm a fighter at level 1, I can easily rez someone from the dead or heal with a scroll or by throwing a potion, and even though I might get a -1 or -2 to my Medicine skill I can easily not only stabilize a party member, I can bring them back into a fight.

I can jump 30 feet across the battlefield over people's heads, shove people as a Bonus and then slash them or vice versa, and let's not forget that if you shove someone just right, you can actually throw them 300+ feet off a cliff. Did it. Swear to God, and so did the Drow I was fighting.

That is what bugs me. Not their creativity. D&D is balanced. BG3 is not, and the homebrew completely strips key elements of D&D down and makes them almost pointless.