Originally Posted by ash elemental
Originally Posted by Tulkash01
WotR is remarkably deep. I see most of the people criticizing the game here doing so from a "good palythrouugh" point of view, but there's more ways to play this game.
Well, I have finished two playthroughs, and I have posted about both here, so my criticism is based in that. The evil playthrough (lich) I have no interest in completing at this point.

Fact is there is not just ONE evil playthrough there are 4 (Demon, Lich, Worm that Walks, Devil) as there are 3 good ones (Angel, Gold Dragon, Azata) and 3 neutral ones (Aeon, Trickster, Legend). Most of these give you different things to do in game and radically different outcomes, some stuff that is possible has never been included into a CRrpg (to my knowledge at least), and you get to do suitably epic stuff (in the angel path it felt really great to be able to kill Deskari once and for all for example). On top of this there is a secret ending (like there is one in P:KM btw) you can only achieve if you do things in a certain way.

Again, say what you want but the depth and replayability is remarkable and I don't see how one can deny that.

P.S.

Speaking of endings, I find really fitting that the best ending possible is the true Aeon one (or the true neutral one if you like) which give you the best possible outcome for Golarion at a steep personal price.

Last edited by Tulkash01; 05/12/21 03:49 PM.