Originally Posted by GM4Him
Right. So, what I was trying to say was that it's not always easy to know which spell can be cast by which class.

Take Detect Thoughts. Is it Cleric, Druid, Wizard, Sorcerer... Who should be able to cast it?

If I want to play true 5e, I have to look it up.

For clerics, druids and sorcs, it would be pretty easy to figure out, check their spell list. Wizards are trickier, unless you check what spells they have available per level at level up, because they can get spells through scribing.

Originally Posted by Niara
Originally Posted by Flooter
That’s interesting. I wonder if anyone’s tried an “Oops all fighters” party composition. Is there enough money in the game to meaningfuly load up 4 characters with potions, spells and effective equipment?

Since money is infinite and unlimited by means of LR abuse, which also restocks shops in the process, in game currently, yes.

Originally Posted by robertthebard
I am unsure of whether or not they could scribe Arcane scrolls, I haven't played one.

In core rules, Arcane Tricksters use the Wizard spell list - so they could natively use wizard spell scrolls. They can't scribe, however - that perk is the purview solely of wizards alone.

If I'm recalling correctly, in 3/3.5 UMD was a universal skill (some classes had it as a class skill, but everyone could take ranks in it), and to a certain extent it was considered a necessity to have it ranked up as much as you could, regardless of who or what you were. Before that, 2nd edition, Bard was essentially a Rogue subclass, or 2e's equivalent to that - not a class on its own, and in 1st, Bard wasn't a base character class at all, but was accessible through some exceptionally demanding prestige-like requirements (including a race requirement, I think) - it wasn't really something that players got. Bard has been through a lot of changes over the editions ^.^ More than most. I don't specifically recall if udm or an equivalent skill was written into 2nd ed or earlier, to be honest, so I can't help with that one.

I can't be sure either. Neverwinter Nights, by BioWare, is where I found the most OP build in DnD, Bard/Assassin/Arcane Archer. High magic worlds, low magic worlds, it didn't matter, that build rocked everything, especially since Assassinate had a ranged attack version. It took some patience to reach the power zone, but once you did, it was infinitely rewarding.