Originally Posted by Maerd
Nah,I wouldn't recommend it. ToEE is a bad game as a CRPG. I played it when it came out. The plot is childish, which is a huge minus. The only thing that's good there is a combat but if you like combat it's better to play a newer game.

Right, I also played it when it came out and I WOULD agree with you but I want to circle back to the 15 years of modding I mentioned since the game came out. Massive changes. The plot, major story elements have all been heavily reworked.

New areas have been added and fully fleshed out, including an entire city (Verbobonc) and entirely new dialogue trees have been implemented.

A huge change that made me happy was a proper starting area with actual enemies has been added so you don't have to play a dumb game of 'fetch' to get to level 2 in Hommlet. You can still do those of course, or you can go take care of a mysterious area involving trickery and kobol...i've said too much. You get to hit things. It's great.

Yeah the original game had solid combat but the rest of the game was a shambles - but a dedicated community can accomplish incredible things.

Anyway, I would invite you to revisit.

Last edited by Blackheifer; 06/12/21 11:14 PM.

Blackheifer