First, "the only build you need" trap is not a 5e thing that I was referring to. It is an example of how bg3 is broken, not 5e. In bg3, I can create a fighter who has everything because nothing is restricted. So he can be a wizard, cleric, a rogue, a druid, a fighter, and even a warlock as long as I have the right scrolls and potions and items. That's what my whole point is.

But yeah, all I'm saying about spells and scrolls and such is that they restrict them to their proper classes so that I don't have to. I shouldn't have to try to restrict myself or limit myself on this. It should be like in Solasta. If I try to use a revivalify scroll in Solasta, and I'm not a cleric, it literally will not let me and it will tell me I don't have the right class.

All I'm asking for with this is the option in the settings to make it so that I can have proper class restrictions, and so that if I hover over a particular scroll or examine it it'll tell me what class can cast that scroll. At least if it tells me, I don't have to look it up.

See, what you're talking about with looking it up in the players guide, that's old school. We know him computer programs and apps that can tell us these things without us having to flip through books and find it. In a video game, it is expected that I shouldn't have to pull out a player's guide or a spell book or a monster manual or anything in order to know basics about something in the game.

Shoot, I'd love for them to do something even where they make it so that if you examine an enemy, your character will make a nature role or something similar. If you succeed, the game will even tell you the enemies basic stats and abilities because your character knows enough about them that they are able to know those details. If you fail the role, you don't get to know those stats and everything is just a health bar, and you don't know what armor and weapons they're carrying, and their special abilities. That would really make certain knowledge skills so much more valuable, and it would add an extra challenge to the game if you didn't know or have the ability to know your enemies stats.