Originally Posted by GM4Him
Originally Posted by robertthebard
Originally Posted by GM4Him
That's part of why I have a problem with the hot bar. When the game Auto adds things to your hot bar, it jumbles around spells and scrolls and special abilities and potions so it's hard to find anything. When we get into higher level, it's going to be a nightmare to manage for this very reason.
You are aware that you can turn off the auto add function in Options, UI, right? Scroll down on it, I think it's close to the bottom, and there's a few checkboxes to hit, and no more losing stuff on the hotbars.
Still doesn't work real well, but I do turn it off. Have you tried unchecking all those boxes? It's better, but it still will auto-arrange things on you if you switch weapons or do different certain things.
I believe you have found the core of your problem ...
You are not suppose to switch your weapons too often. O_o And even if you do, all you need to do is place up to 3 icons ... that doesnt sounds like "too much" to me. O_o

Its exactly the same as when you were complaining that party UI is tedious and iritating, since if you want to send one party member somewhere else, you have to degroup all other companions and then regroup them back ... instead of simply degrouping the one who you want to sent off. laugh
If you scratch left cheek using your right hand by stretching it over your head, its not really comfortable ... but question here is ... is that misstake of hand, or yours? laugh

Its just the same here ...
You allowed your bar to become a mess, and then you are complaining it it a mess. laugh

Note that i dont say that there arent things that could (and should) be done better ...
There is certainly room for improvements ... but to claim that system we have "is a mess" is quite exaggerated ... it can be a mess witout a doubt, if you let it, but that is entirely different story. :P

Recast spells is my personal favourite topic in this matter.
Instead of giving us new icon that will be placed on first aviable position (and yes, im aware that if you know this, you can adjust your actionbar so you know where it will appear ... that is what i do btw) it would be MUCH, MUCH and once more MUCH better, if this new "recast" spell would simply replace the spell icon, or join its upcast in popup window) ...
I mean just concider it, if Warlock is lucky enough he will cast Hex litteraly once per Long Rest ... why so vaguely used spell is suppose to take precious place on our bar? Especialy now since it was reduced.
It would be much better if the Hex would become Recast-Hex if aviable ... that way the spell we want to use is still on the same place no matter what and it never takes more than single position.

Same story goes with others ... produce flame, witch bolt, speak with dead and many many many others.

Last edited by RagnarokCzD; 07/12/21 10:45 AM.

I still dont understand why cant we change Race for our hirelings. frown
Lets us play Githyanki as racist as they trully are! frown