I conducted a quick experiment.

I went to the blighted village. If you enter the village normally (across a bridge, dead bodies, then the village entrance) there are some goblins waiting to ambush you. One on the roof of the building to the left and 2 on the roof of the building to the right. I've played through this before so I already know there is another way to enter the village where you can sneak up on the 2 goblins on the building on the right.

Originally Posted by RagnarokCzD
Originally Posted by heuron
Does turn based mode stop NPCs from patrolling?
Yup. smile
It freezes them on place until you end your turn. smile

You are correct. I made my character sneak and move right behind the goblins. I entered turn based mode and they were frozen. The goblin on the building on the left, however, was not frozen. This means that it is possible for more goblins to move into my immediate area. Even if they do, inevitably, become frozen by the turn based mode the fact that the whole world (the program) is not frozen is what bothers me.

So it really just comes back to peace of mind, which we both seem to agree on:
Originally Posted by RagnarokCzD
That is what i was thinking ... its just something we are used to have, and we feel naked if we dont have it ... no matter if we actualy need it or not. laugh

I want to be assured that nothing will happen while I am away from the game. I don't want "maybe". So that's my opinion on pausing for single player games. For multiplayer I can definitely understand the problem, though.