Originally Posted by Blackheifer
Romance options in Temple of Elemental Evil

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]
Meet "Fruella"

There is a quest to "find her a husband" - meaning one of your male party members. She then joins your party as a level 3 fighter and eats up a full share of treasure. Her stats are not bad, but her voice is bloodcurdling. Very fran drescher.
As I've mentioned in the thread, her portrait is, indeed, the stuff of nightmares. I forgot about the voice, though. Ugh.

ToEE portraits in general are probably the one thing you should have modded regardless of whether or not you want your experience to be as vanilla as possible. The available selection is... not particularly good. Good luck finding a single face for a non-elf male ranger, or a non-dwarf female fighter/paladin. All dwarves portraits except one are clad in armor, so if you're bothered by the portrait not matching well with the character's in-game appearance (which is surprisingly customizable - you have a plenty of differently-colored capes, robes (both bathrobes and Oriental-styled monk ones), boots, gloves, and headgear (including a wizard hat and a questionably-named conical "Asian hat") that are all displayed on the model), mod new portraits into the game without hesitation.