Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
H
journeyman
journeyman
H
Originally Posted by Alyssa_Fox
... while GiS is one of the many overrated weeabo cartoons with edgy plot...

frown

veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by Kaspr
The animations are still out of place. The movement animation looks like carefree, casual jogging. Jumping looks like out of a cartoon for children. Shooting arrows with a bow looks like a toy. The interface looks like WOW.

I mostly agree with this (I don't know what "outline everything mean).
We already talked about this a lot but it really looks to me that the game lack a coherent overall vision (the words may not be well choosen but I really don't know how to say it).
"Map design >< story >< gameplay >< UI >< ... " rather than "map design + story + gameplay + UI + ..."

Different team doing different things that often does not match very well together or that often look wierd to me.
Cow climbing ladders in a serious setting, an army of goblins unable to find the grove on such a small map, a generic UI that does not contribute to the personality of the game, a world completely frozen in time despite important story events, super heroes creating a Hulk shockwave when they jump in a classic fantasy setting,...

This will probably be my biggest disappointment about this game because independently of each other, the differents elements are generally good or even excellent since patch 5 and 6.

Last edited by Maximuuus; 02/01/22 06:23 PM.

French Speaking Youtube Channel with a lot of BG3 videos : https://www.youtube.com/c/maximuuus
D
apprentice
apprentice
D
Originally Posted by Maximuuus
We already talked about this a lot but it really looks to me that the game lack a coherent overall vision (the words may not be well choosen but I really don't know how to say it).
"Map design >< story >< gameplay >< UI >< ... " rather than "map design + story + gameplay + UI + ..."

Different team doing different things that often does not match very well together or that often look wierd to me.
Cow climbing ladders in a serious setting, an army of goblins unable to find the grove on such a small map, a generic UI that does not contribute to the personality of the game, a world completely frozen in time despite important story events, super heroes creating a Hulk shockwave when they jump in a classic fantasy setting,...

This will probably be my biggest disappointment about this game because independently of each other, the differents elements are generally good or even excellent since patch 5 and 6.

I feel very strongly about this and wholeheartedly agree

veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by Maximuuus
Originally Posted by Kaspr
The animations are still out of place. The movement animation looks like carefree, casual jogging. Jumping looks like out of a cartoon for children. Shooting arrows with a bow looks like a toy. The interface looks like WOW.

I mostly agree with this (I don't know what "outline everything mean).

This is Larian's problem. They are very narrow in their sense of style. It seems like every game they make has cows climbing ladders and videogamey tropes like everyone doing super jumps and explosive barrels and acid pools or food that heals that are usually associated with more lighthearted games like platformers instead of grown-up RPG's.

There's nothing wrong with those games, but Forgotten Realms or D&D they are not. We have a long legacy of D&D video games that are not goofy or videogamey in the sense that BG3 is, and that's what's putting me off. I'm expecting D&D here, not Super Mario goes D&D or Divinity D&D edition.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard