Originally Posted by Blackheifer
Originally Posted by Dez
-snip-
You are conflating sex and relationships. Sex is not a relationship. You can have a relationship with whoever you like. I really don't see the point in insisting on creating wireframe simulations for sex with everything in the game. What exactly does THAT add to the experience?

Hmm. I'd argue that in that case you should just be in for the "do not include nude romantic scenes period"-club. Which is fine, I am also sort of a part of it. I don't think sexual RP-simulations is necessary at all regardless of who is included. Sexual content in forms of suggestive dancing while in a bar? Okay, fine I guess. Witnessing sexual content between two NPCs when watching a cutscene? I'll live, np. Suggestive/sexual verbal content? Absolutely, no problem. Stuff like walking in on people in middle of sex? I mean okay, that could happen so why not. But actually roleplaying the sexual encounter between my PC and their love interest? Completely unnecessary imo - but like I said, that is my opinion and there are clearly many that disagree. Which is fine, it is not like I believe my personal opinion on the matter is more valid than those who want it included.

BUT. I have to admit that it sounds really weird to me when you go like "oh yeah no, short races/halflings can totally be romanced no issues there BUUUT if there are sexual scenes then there is an issue cause pedophilia." I don't know man, I just think it is weird to be okay with one but not the other when using your specific angle. If we're gonna argue that there would be a risk of pedophilia and use that as a reason to not include haflings in sex, then that should most definitely include the romance-part in general since you know... Grooming is a thing, and definitely just as frowned upon by society (as it should be as romance is something between adults).

Basically (TL;DR), if you don't think the romantic nude scenes with Tav is necessary period - then sure. I agree. But that has nothing to do with whenever the participating parts are dwarves, halflings, humans or githyankis but rather just that the entire thing is... Not needed, imo. If you are okay with player romance without restrictions BUT think that sexual nude scenes with certain DnD races should be censured because specifically when clothes are off there are sudden "pedophile vibes", then I just can't follow the process of thought at all. Imo, it is weird to be fine with one and not the other, if we play specifically on the pedofile-angle - and I mean that in the most respectful way possible. I just don't get it.

Hoot hoot, stranger! Fairly new to CRPGs, but I tried my best to provide some feedback regardless! <3 Read it here: My Open Letter to Larian