Originally Posted by GM4Him
...The point is, the romances are all forced into one night, and for some reason multiple people want you, if you play your cards right. It's just weird. Astarion, possibly Lae'zel, and Shadowheart, and on evil path Minthara too? It's too much.

Lots of good points in this thread, but this is probably the most important one IMO. It makes no sense that EVERYONE would be ready to get physical on the exact same night. It also makes no sense that this is tied to a game event. Maybe I decide to go for Lazel's Cresh. Or maybe I fumble into the under-dark while looking for Halsin, explore a bit, find out about moonrise from Omeluum and head strait there without saving Halsin or getting involved with the druids at all. Right now if one chooses to be indifferent or skips the whole grove slaughter/aid thing for any reason, what does that mean relationship wise? Have we just sabotaged all companion relationships because we missed that first opportunity?

When it comes to relationship milestones, I think every NPC should have their own unique pacing (likely tied to individual attitude) and that pacing shouldn't be bound to game events in any way. I am hoping the current connection between game events and relationship development is is just an EA thing. Hopefully they just threw the naughty-night-celebration together quickly to test out scenes and it isn't indicative of the final products pacing.