Originally Posted by Topgoon
This is not an endorsement by the way - as someone who has worked in a similar type of industry (in both production and creative driven companies (though mine had far more of a dictatorship)), the way they described their workflow was giving me anxiety. But it did provide me tons of clarity as to why Larian is the way they are. If you didn't think they were right for BG3, I think the documentaries will basically confirm and clarify all of that for you. It'll also be pretty clear why they'd probably never commit to any form of a roadmap.

I found that a depressing read and reaffirms my opinion they were never the right choice for this project nor realised the scope of what they were taking on. I know from experience that any creative endeavour has a certain amount of chaos but they apparently seem to revel in it. It goes someway to explaining the total lack of community engagement; I assume their ‘script’ has had more reworks than a Beverly Hills plastic surgery. I always found it weird that all we have ever received were pre-patch announcements and nothing addressing the pages and pages of feedback. This is really not an ideal way to approach the development of such a beloved game series.

There is no doubt they’re a talented bunch; the success of their previous games is testament to that but it’s not a style that appeals to me personally and that’s what disappoints me with BG3.