Originally Posted by DarkRob316
I personally love shove, but maybe that's just because I get a perverse pleasure from yeeting enemies off cliffs.
But if I'm not mistaken, Shove is suppose to be an action, not a bonus action like it is in BG3.
I think that's really more the problem, not the mechanic itself, but just the fact that it's a bonus action right now.
We are essentially getting to double dip right now with being able to shove an enemy, and then also still be able to attack another one.

Being a Bonus it's only one small problem. The bigger issue is the distance. If an enemy can shove my character 30 feet off a ledge into lava, that's broken.

1 time, while fighting Drow after spectator, a Drow shoved my Drow Battle master with high Strength 30+ feet from the edge, and she landed WAY down by the Torchstalks outside the area near the Festering Cove. Somehow, she survived with 2 HP, but the point is she was so far from the battle it was ridiculous. More than 300 feet, I can assure you. It's like she was thrown by the Hulk.

I'd accept 10 feet at most if your character has high strength. More than 10 is utterly ridiculous, and even 10 is really too much. God forbid you even get remotely close to an edge... EVER!