There is no system requirement involved at all ...

All you invest is amount of time to create full encounter, and then code it so some people dont see it at all, not bcs of their choices wich players often like ... but simply bcs RNG generated wrong value. laugh
I gues it might be seen as fun by someone, even tho i cant quite understand it, but what exactly does this improve? laugh

//Edit:
Let me put it in different perspective ...
You are writing your fanfiction ...

So lets say you spend few hours describing how they were walking through the forest for example ... meet some guy, talked to each other, fighted some group of wolves.
And then after you will have it all done and prepared, and will be quite satisfied with how it looks ... you roll a dice and instead add to your fanfiction a sentence "so they walked through the forest for few hours" ... all the work you just made wasted, just bcs "random" factor decided. laugh

Then you spend another few hours describing another part in the underdark ... same story as abowe.
And then you roll your dice and you write there instead "so they get through the underdark without any problems" ...

Does that sound like fun?

That is the main problem with random encounters ...
They may sound like good idea "on paper" but in reality they are just HUGE waste of time and resource for adding something that many people will possibly never even see. :-/

Last edited by RagnarokCzD; 12/02/22 02:24 PM.

I still dont understand why cant we change Race for our hirelings. frown
Lets us play Githyanki as racist as they trully are! frown