Originally Posted by RagnarokCzD
Originally Posted by GM4Him
You're thinking linear story, like a novel.
Irellevant ...
It really doesnt matter if player will get first to the swamp, then to the forest and finaly to the mountains ... or if he will explore those things in different order.

The point stays the same ...
You either experience (write or play) some adventure on that place where the adventure was prepared for you, or simply skip it whole bcs "random number generator generated valute that means you are not attacked right now".

I mean just imagine exactly this game as it is, and simply erase some encounters ...
Then imagine it again and simply erase different encounters ...
Then imagine it once again and simply erase different encounters ...
And finaly imagine it yet again and simply erase some mobs and replace them with different mobs ...

THIS is how "random encounters in PC game" would looklike. :-/

Irrelevant.

I'm not talking about encounters like ones already in the game. I'm talking about encounters that randomly generate on top of and in conjunction with ones already in the game, and those encounters would not be as in depth and serious. No voice acting required ot\r dynamic cutscenes. I'm talking something like, "You make camp in the clearing near Scratch. While camping, suddenly, a pack of 4 kobalds wanders into the area. They don't see you" Dialogue options:. Attack. Persuade to go away. Intimidation to scare off. Stealth to avoid. All characters in the party work together. Highest skill amongst party members is used.

Like in NWN 2 Storm of Zehir. I mean, it's been done before. It can be done again but better.

We're not talking huge encounters here. We're talking small, varied encounters to add some flavor and to make the world a more ALIVE place.

Last edited by GM4Him; 12/02/22 07:11 PM.