Originally Posted by DraigoZarovich
The DnD classes are not designed for this kind of play. This will break all balancing of the game.
Yup ...
And normally we have a GM who keep an eye on when, and where you can or cannot rest ... im aware.
But i believe you are also aware that in PC game this luxury is not an option, so it have to be resolved explicitly ...

And while there is several potential options ...
Larian did good to remember that there are experienced players that are technicaly able to get through whole EA within single Long rest ... and also there are newbies who will need at least 20 Long Rests ...
And you need to keep them both in mind, so some "Long rest only every third battle" is not an option (even tho its quite some time i have seen something like this). laugh

So right now, we have food ...
If you dont need many long rests, you dont need many food ... and therefore you have much more free space.
If you do need many long rests, you need much more food ... and it either block much more of your inventory, or you spend much more time in tedious and anoying moving items one-by-one to the camp and back to your backpack so you can actualy eat it ... its anoying and it is supposed to be anoying, so people are encouraged to avoid it as much as possible ... but if they desperately need it, all they need to do is grit their teeth and endure it for a moment.

Originally Posted by DraigoZarovich
I hate random encounters during travel but to add risk to resting to prevent rest spam is the only thing that is going to balance everything out.
That is the thing ... adding risk during travel or during resting isnt going to prevent rest spam ... its going to encourage it.

Right now ... i have fight ... i spend half my spellslots and i can continue ...
Sure i can rest, system allows me to, but i dont *need to* ... my desire to rest is low, since it only keeps me from the adventuring i enjoy.

IF there would be random encounters both on the road and long rest ... i have fight ... i spend half my spellslots and i can continue ...
BUT im aware that in this system, there is constant danger lurking for me behind every corner ... so im in the decision, i can teoreticaly continue at half of my strength and hope it will be enough ... or i can simply go rest and continue on my full power.

Question here is:
Why would i risk Game Over by continuing the adventure without resting?

And remember that we are not talking here about "op skilled überplayers" that can exterminate whole Goblin Camp without using single spellslot ... but also about "newbie" people who in the same battle either use all they have, or die.

I still dont understand why cant we change Race for our hirelings. frown
Lets us play Githyanki as racist as they trully are! frown