Originally Posted by 1varangian
It's simply a fact that Long Rest needs to be more restricted. Otherwise they need to start neutering higher level spells which would completely undermine what makes spellcasters cool in DnD. Or start buffing martials with extra abilities, which would mess up the game even further.

I'd really like a good random encounter system that would discourage rest spam without being frustrating. And it would be really cool if elves would get a perk as great watchmen during long rests. Perception proficiency, Darkvision and only need 4 hours of sleep/meditation. It makes sense, great flavor.

I really hope that Panel from Hell 5th edition actually means they are adding a 5th edition difficulty setting in the game that removes most if not all of the bad homebrew meme rules or conforms them to DnD more accurately (e.g. fire Dip requiring a substance because metal doesn't burn). But it's more likely a reference to level 5. Ideally both.

I just really want to play 5th edition instead Larian's whac-a-mole king of the hill shovefest with unlimited long rest mindless spell spam. The meme combat in BG3 is so unsatisfying tactically and stylistically.

+1 to everything you said here.