Originally Posted by fylimar
About random encounters: I think, they make sense in some areas. I'm currently again in the spider matriarchs lair and after fighting the first group (two spiders and two ettercaps) I'm planning a long rest - since you are now resting inside those caves, there should be chance, that phase spiders attack - I mean, you are literally sleeping in their home. Same with camping in the goblin camp - yeah, they might consider you as an ally for the moment, but they are goblins, nothing is sure with them.

Exactly. Allow people to camp wherever, even in the spider lair, but some places have 0% chance of random encounters like most areas in the Grove. Some 1-5%, like Blacksmith Shop basement. If you leave it open, 5%. Locked 1%. Places like spider lair but you didn't alert anything, 5%. Alerted spider lair, maybe even as big a chance as 50% because you alerted enemies to your presence. Goblin camp when they think you are friendly, 1%. You kill Gut, Ragzlin or Minthara, 50%. Something LIKE that. And I'm talking just rest mechanics. Not travel random encounters.

Last edited by GM4Him; 13/02/22 04:34 PM.