Originally Posted by ash elemental
Originally Posted by Icelyn
Originally Posted by 1varangian
I'm not at all opposed to a Story mode that removes most of the mechanical challenges. I think Larian should have included at least 3 difficulty levels already in the EA so we wouldn't have to argue about stuff that gets sorted with Story / Normal / Core Rules settings.
I usually play on normal in most games, so I would like the options I like to be available on normal as well. I like having combat, just not the boring stuff!
Same for me. It's not about removing the challenge, it's about making it interesting.

The assassin groups from the SCS mod were both tougher and more fun then the kobolds / bandit groups that spawned in the unmodded game.
Yeah not removing the challenge but setting the right kind of challenge would be a better way to say it. I hope they add difficulty options soon. I always play on core rules in every D&D game and like to be rewarded for smart resource management or saving the party's strength as much as possible. And I like it if failure is a real option in a game. And it's always immersion over convenience for me.