Originally Posted by Zellin
Originally Posted by GM4Him
And the world would be more alive with a sense of potential danger around every corner via random encounters. Don't sleep in dangerous places, or BAM! You never know what might attack you in the night. Best find a safe spot to rest first. You won't be as inclined to long rest in a goblin camp that's hostile to you because you might just trigger a fight you can't handle. Best to be sure you're well prepared before going into such dangerous places and/or find a safer place in a room where you can lock the door before long resting. And wizards and clerics won't be nigh invincible at higher levels because spamming long rest to recover spell slots may just be their undoing.
Argh... I hope this will make you happy https://twitter.com/LarAtLarian/status/1306179349494849536
Also if you didn't notice: the sleeping cutscene is actually 2 cutscenes playing one right after another with our HP beeing restored after the first one. I believe it is made that way to be able to put an encounter in between.

So, first off, sorry to annoy you, Zellin.

Second, my device was having a hard time pulling that link up. Is it basically saying Larian IS going to do random encounters post EA? I think that's what you are saying, but wanted to make sure.

Third, I was partially trying to bring it back to the main topic, since it seems to have been derailed and become about random encounters only. Yes, I brought that up yet again with everything else, but only because it's one small portion of the overall point of the thread. I didn't want to exclude it going forward.

But, ultimately, I'm just trying to get more of a true D&D experience with BG3, which means we need some true 5e rules, stats, less homebrew, blah, blah, blah.

I do hate repeating all this over and over, but I know how people work. Don't keep bringing things up and they either forget or feel like you must not have really wanted it. If they want me to shut up, all they have to do is say, "Hey. We're going to do an option for true 5e rules and stats post EA," or "No, we're not, so stop asking.". A response from THEM is all it takes.