Originally Posted by DraigoZarovich
I do think the Scrolls of Revivify should be changed into Scrolls of Raise Dead if they really want to keep them. Since Revivify can only be done within 1 minute of death but Raise Dead can be done within 10 days. They should also add the material consumption later on for these, 300 gp diamonds should be pretty hard to come by until you get to Baldurs Gate proper
What should be done upon death is an interesting question for BG3 / 5e rules. Currently, death in BG3 is very... un-impactful. The only penalty to most character death is 200gp (a pittance) and losing them for the remainder of that combat. Honestly, I think a DAO-like injury system would work better with Larian's BG3 philosophy - perhaps 2 failed Death STs knocks the character out for the combat, short of some reviving spell - normal healing won't work. But after the combat ends, they get up with [1 stage of exhaustion, an ability score penalty until next long rest, etc].

I would like Scrolls of Revivify/Scrolls of Raise Dead to have proper time limits, but on the other hand I don't want the super-powerful Scrolls of Raise Dead to be handed out by everyone/available in shops, which would be the current requirement under BG3's lack of permadeath philosophy. (Sidenote: I don't believe that material components are necessary when using a scroll; those materials were already used to create the scroll. Correspondingly, the price for a Scroll of Revivify/Raise Dead should include that 300/500gp diamond.) Scrolls of Revivify can be more common and used for reviving characters during combat, and Scrolls of Raise Dead...can be reserved for Hard Mode.

There can be a setting in game - Injury System or 5e Death - where the normal difficulty mode defaults to the former (described in my first paragraph). The latter system works like 5e - Revivify only works 1 minute after death, Scrolls of Raise Dead are appropriately expensive and rare, and the Hooded Skeleton either can't resurrect allies or it costs an appropriate amount (~1250-2000 gp).