BY THE GODS!

Now you can shove someone as a bonus more than 30 feet AND you can throw someone ALSO more than 30 feet... ALL IN THE SAME ROUND!!! Do NOT get into melee range with the minotaurs or you'll surely be thrown from their lair to the Arcane Tower - 2 characters at a time!

Sigh. So disappointing. It's like they're going the opposite direction than what a good number of us are asking for.

Yay! New UI. Hope it's good. Yay Barbarian. I wanted that too. It's true, but it's disheartening to me that they not only DIDN'T reduce shove distances and make them Actions, but they implemented an even more ridiculous game mechanic to THROW people as well.

On the flip side... looks cool. I like the animations of picking things up and tossing them, including goblins. I like that they are limiting them by strength so Gale can't pick up ogres and throw them.

But did you see how far they were able to throw people in the stream? I don't even care that one was a cat. How the flip you gonna throw a cat THAT far even with magical enhancements? What kind of freaking distance was that? 600 feet? 1,000? I don't even know how I'd measure that in the game. 30 feet in the game is NOT very far.

An improvised weapon has a normal range of 20 feet. TWENTY!!! Long range is 60. That's a WEAPON!!! And then, on top of that, you're supposed to get disadvantage if beyond 20 feet.

Average axe weighs 2-3 pounds. If I can only throw a 2-3 pound axe 20 feet (60 at most), then this whole throwing goblins 60 feet is ridiculous. A cat is 8-9 pounds on average. How you gonna throw a cat THAT far?

AND YOU CAN DO IT AND SHOVE IN THE SAME ROUND... AND SO CAN YOUR ENEMIES! I don't even know how fighting Ragzlin's gonna be. He's GOT to be a barbarian too.

I can't get past this one. I'm sorry. It's too much. Shoving and throwing in the same turn for double the toss into the lava pits... I'm stumped at how they think that's going to make for good gameplay.

I'm sorry. This update is the biggest disappointment to me. I was so looking forward to the Barbarian, and a new UI, and I even like throwing as an option especially for Barbarians or really strong characters like Lae'zel and ogres, but the distances are too much, and shove and throw both in the same turn because one's a bonus and one's an action is also too much.

I'm not even sure I want to play the new patch. Seriously. That's how much this has punched me in the gut for this game. Why even need weapons or spellcasters anymore? Build a barbarian tank who can throw potions for healing, use revivify scrolls to raise from the dead, throw axes for long range, and even enemies, and throw and shove everything into pits ALL IN THE SAME TURN?

I can't... I can't even right now. I'm all vaklempt. Talk amongst yourselves.