Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Dez Offline
addict
addict
Originally Posted by Niara
Though of course, as any self-respecting drunken berserker will tell you, the option to go running into combat tits out and legless (Literally!!), should also always be an option!

*Several characters preferred not to show their faces for this shot.
*These shots are an illustration of a new bug introduced with Patch 7, that shows up when switching armours; No mods are present.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

An inverted bug also exists that flips this around, causing you too look temporarily bare-legged and topless:

Remember to report any new bugs you find, folks ^.^

Not sure why, but I found these hilarious and almost spat my drink out seeing these pictures. X]

As for the discussion at hand:

Personally I do not care much for underwear since I won't see my character using it - BUT! I am always for more customization in general, and that includes stuff that might not matter to me personally. :]

And I must say, those new underwear do not look very ... Adventure-friendly. Not that the old ones did - because they certainly did not - but these are hardly an improvement for an adventure setting imo. c: And I mean, if we're seriously going to care enough to have different underwear to begin with (which we obviously do, thanks Niara!), then I see no reason why the players shouldn't be able to choose which ones they want for their characters. *shrugs*

Hoot hoot, stranger! Fairly new to CRPGs, but I tried my best to provide some feedback regardless! <3 Read it here: My Open Letter to Larian
L
addict
addict
L
Maybe there are plans to let us customize our undergarments, perhaps even let us have ones that give buffs. Let's not forget, this is the studio that brought us +1 CHA panties:
[Linked Image from static.wikia.nocookie.net]

stranger
stranger
How does OP come to see these new underwear pictured here as "nun like" and "abstinence??" I agree with several of the posters in this thread, the strappy "sexy" ones are very impractical. Unless we get a bunch of offensive p0rn short though, I don't really care all that much.

*Just started playing BG3 a few weeks back - Patch 7 - so give me a bit of grace if I'm repeating or missing anything from earlier versions.*
enthusiast
enthusiast
Sure is a heck of a thread to be suddenly resurrecting, but the half-elves have gotten an undergarments change in Patch 8. If the bodices were considered by some a switch for the more "modest" direction, their new garb is certainly the opposite.

L
addict
addict
L
Now you have me intrigued but us sad Mac users are still waiting. Perhaps Niara will oblige…

addict
addict
Originally Posted by Brainer
Sure is a heck of a thread to be suddenly resurrecting, but the half-elves have gotten an undergarments change in Patch 8. If the bodices were considered by some a switch for the more "modest" direction, their new garb is certainly the opposite.
It's nice to see variation in the undergarments. Not something I expected, but it was so weird to see everyone with government issue underwear.

B
journeyman
journeyman
B
Originally Posted by LukasPrism
Starting underwear should be based on your background, not race. Silk and lace for the nobility, rags for the urchins.

Soldier: basic underwear and cloth-wrap bras

Folk Hero: Tighty whities

Entertainer: Thongs

Sage and Acolyte: Long underwear/granny panties

Hermit and Outlander: Commando

P
stranger
stranger
P
Originally Posted by Back_Stabbath
Starting underwear should be based on your background, not race. Silk and lace for the nobility, rags for the urchins.

Hey now what if my Sage wants to feel empowered and wear a thong? Customization all the way!

veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by platitudipus
Originally Posted by Back_Stabbath

Hey now what if my Sage wants to feel empowered and wear a thong? Customization all the way!

Stay in your lane!

enthusiast
enthusiast
Now you have me intrigued but us sad Mac users are still waiting. Perhaps Niara will oblige…
You'll at least get the version that hopefully doesn't crash on saving.

Anyway, here it is:

P
addict
addict
P
That's just not practical adventuring underwear...

old hand
old hand
Originally Posted by Piff
That's just not practical adventuring underwear...
I would think that comfort and not wasting spells or potions on probable infections would be more important for adventurers, rather than looking "sexy" or whatever a butt hanging out is supposed to be considered. Prestidigitation does not exist in game and that wouldn't help with comfort anyway.

Less uncomfortable string in the crack and more butt cover for normal underwear please! The top is ok looking I guess but I would prefer it to look like a normal bra. Save the current sort of thing for sex scenes or camp.

Or just give us starting options in character creation or lootable underwear types.

addict
addict

Anyway, here it is:

It looks as if it was meant for a drow, not a half-elf. Just imagine a different color-scheme, white and red for example.

old hand
old hand
Originally Posted by Zellin

Anyway, here it is:

It looks as if it was meant for a drow, not a half-elf. Just imagine a different color-scheme, white and red for example.

I don't know, for a Ranger or Druid it would be appropriate, or any woodlands type background maybe. For Drow, I don't think the color scheme works, it would have to be aimed at one of the Dieties.

addict
addict
Lol can't believe this thread is 3 pages long.

enthusiast
enthusiast
Originally Posted by Zarna
I would think that comfort and not wasting spells or potions on probable infections would be more important for adventurers, rather than looking "sexy" or whatever a butt hanging out is supposed to be considered. Prestidigitation does not exist in game and that wouldn't help with comfort anyway.

Less uncomfortable string in the crack and more butt cover for normal underwear please! The top is ok looking I guess but I would prefer it to look like a normal bra. Save the current sort of thing for sex scenes or camp.

Or just give us starting options in character creation or lootable underwear types.
I mean, in the olden days an attire (or, rather, a lack thereof) like this was basically the go-to for female spellcasters (plus some footwear), so at least (for people bothered by that kinda thing) robes and such now provide proper coverage. The relatively recent online Neverwinter revamp had also covered most cleavages its armors had, last I checked. To be fair, the female martial characters basically wore full-plate corsets, which looked really stupid. One does start to somewhat miss the stupid these days, though.

old hand
old hand
I mean, in the olden days an attire (or, rather, a lack thereof) like this was basically the go-to for female spellcasters (plus some footwear), so at least (for people bothered by that kinda thing) robes and such now provide proper coverage. The relatively recent online Neverwinter revamp had also covered most cleavages its armors had, last I checked. To be fair, the female martial characters basically wore full-plate corsets, which looked really stupid. One does start to somewhat miss the stupid these days, though.
I don't mind looking at that stuff as art and having it in games as an option, but now I know that any female character I make is stuck running around for hours with a string squashed in her crack, and that looks really uncomfortable.

enthusiast
enthusiast
Originally Posted by Zarna
I don't mind looking at that stuff as art and having it in games as an option, but now I know that any female character I make is stuck running around for hours with a string squashed in her crack, and that looks really uncomfortable.
There's more to this, apparently, as the githyanki were given the BDSM gear that the mod users are so fond of (also showcasing how most of the outfits people mod into the game are as skimpy as they get, somewhat illuminating that the core audience doesn't really mind it all that much):

Now that really does look uncomfortable. The male version is quite a sight as well.

Last edited by Brainer; 12/07/22 01:08 PM.
veteran
veteran
Then again if someone told me that Gith are all closet masochists with a thing for bondage I would 1000% believe it.

Party control in Baldur's Gate 3 is a complete mess that begs to be addressed. SAY NO TO THE TOILET CHAIN
enthusiast
enthusiast
Originally Posted by Tuco
Then again if someone told me that Gith are all closet masochists with a thing for bondage I would 1000% believe it.
It's certainly not an unreasonable assumption.

Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Link Copied to Clipboard