Originally Posted by GM4Him
Hmmm. Now see. That's what I don't get. Video games should make complicated rules easier. I can craft an excel spreadsheet to compute what I detailed out. I actually think the rules I created would be too complicated FOR tabletop, but a computer could implement them faster and make them easier to abide by because YOU wouldn't have to calculate anything. The computer would do it all for you so YOU wouldn't need to know and remember all the ifs/thens.

A single computer string could compute the data: =if(Lae'zel.Strength >13)*and (Goblin.1 = Small),ifselect(Throw)*and(Goblin.1),randbetween(1,20)+Lae'zel.Athletics,"Target is too heavy.

I think we're arguing in the same direction. What I mean is, I know that what you originally theory crafted would be a great way to take some garbage that Larian put into BG3 and make it balanced and workable at the table, if a little complicated. The only reason you had to do that theory crafting in the first place, though, is to try and reverse transfer some broken Shove and circus-act Throw mechanics that, for my money, have no place at the table anyway. It's also true that if Larian gave even one ounce of a f*&% about D&D rules mechanics, they COULD implement your idea into the game, and it would make things sooooooooo much better than they are, at least from my point of view. My contention is that Larian doesn't care, at all, about the rules of 5e, so trying to explain to them how to better implement something in the game via a well thought out, articulate, and from what I could tell all but flawless set of workable tabletop mechanics is perfectly pointless. I'm sure when somebody starts talking about D&D 5e rules the devs at Larian just hear the sound Charlie Brown's teacher makes. This is exactly why they are putting in stupid as the seventh layer of the hells Shove and Throw options to begin with. It's also why they are taking valuable mental energy and crafting "magic" items that have weird, random if/then contingencies in them, rather than just figuring out how to code all of the magic items that currently exist in the sourcebooks, and placing them in the game at appropriate spots, as well as allowing for random drops that happen exactly as the tables in the DMG suggest. What I'm saying is, in order for anyone at Larian to care enough about coding these things correctly they'd have to first care about the tabletop mechanics. It's clear that they don't. If we want them to change something we have to stop talking to them in terms of the actual game that this video game is supposed to be based on. That connection of source material to this game waved a hearty good-bye when Patch 7 came out, if not a long time before.