Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by 1varangian
People who are asking for "more levels" should really be asking for epic level content. Having epic level content in a game/campaign that starts at level 1 could be too much. Personally I find epic level content more of an epilogue to a very long campaign, perhaps a trilogy.

D&D is not an action RPG where 99 levels exist just for grinding, and where monster stats are scaled with you and the game never really changes. More levels isn't automatically better. Quite the opposite if they're not done right. I'd also like to take my time with every level. In EA the levels already rush by and you're level 4 before you know it or remember what 1-3 were like.

Epic level requests is something where the developer has to protect the players from themselves. Or at least know what they are getting into if they want 1-20 in a single game.
Given the way we start, I'd be INCREDIBLY surprised if we don't end up facing some "epic content" by the end of this game.

That aside, speaking in a general sense, level 14 would pretty much be my ideal "sweet spot" between being able to experience high level builds, abilities and spells and stopping right before the system starts "breaking down" because everything becomes WAY too op to make any sense.

Party control in Baldur's Gate 3 is a complete mess that begs to be addressed. SAY NO TO THE TOILET CHAIN
veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by Tuco
Originally Posted by 1varangian
People who are asking for "more levels" should really be asking for epic level content. Having epic level content in a game/campaign that starts at level 1 could be too much. Personally I find epic level content more of an epilogue to a very long campaign, perhaps a trilogy.

D&D is not an action RPG where 99 levels exist just for grinding, and where monster stats are scaled with you and the game never really changes. More levels isn't automatically better. Quite the opposite if they're not done right. I'd also like to take my time with every level. In EA the levels already rush by and you're level 4 before you know it or remember what 1-3 were like.

Epic level requests is something where the developer has to protect the players from themselves. Or at least know what they are getting into if they want 1-20 in a single game.
Given the way we start, I'd be INCREDIBLY surprised if we don't end up facing some "epic content" by the end of this game.

That aside, speaking in a general sense, level 14 would pretty much be my ideal "sweet spot" between being able to experience high level builds, abilities and spells and stopping right before the system starts "breaking down" because everything becomes WAY too op to make any sense.
The epic themes are certainly there in the making. I hope they follow the same pattern from the original games and take their time with it so everything will have proper weight.

Saving a major city from basically an alien invasion is a big enough goal for BG3. Dealing with gods would be a good end game for BG4. They probably have it fleshed out exactly like this since the original level cap was 10.

veteran
veteran
For what is worth I absolutely do NOT want BG3 to have an "open ending" nor I 'd want an hypothetical BG4 to pick up from where BG3 will stop.
IF Larian is going to work on a next one (and we are talking 10 years down the line for a release at this pace) I'd want it to be a new, separate adventure with new characters and a new plotline.
And ideally with new mechanics that didn't make into BG3 for whatever reason, like a competent camping system or a day/night cycle.
Hey, maybe even a decent control scheme this time.

Party control in Baldur's Gate 3 is a complete mess that begs to be addressed. SAY NO TO THE TOILET CHAIN
old hand
old hand
Originally Posted by Tuco
For what is worth I absolutely do NOT want BG3 to have an "open ending" nor I 'd want an hypothetical BG4 to pick up from where BG3 will stop.
IF Larian is going to work on a next one (and we are talking 10 years down the line for a release at this pace) I'd want it to be a new, separate adventure with new characters and a new plotline.
And ideally with new mechanics that didn't make into BG3 for whatever reason, like a competent camping system or a day/night cycle.
Hey, maybe even a decent control scheme this time.

Why not ask for world peace? Couldn't hurt, right?

veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by Ragitsu
Why not ask for world peace? Couldn't hurt, right?

Does it run on my 3080Ti?

Last edited by Tuco; 21/02/22 01:48 PM.

A
addict
addict
A
i'm not sure are there mythic levels in dnd5e? i wanted level 20 and mythic levels too. but i want would be impossible for this campaign i afraid. best bet if larian is willing to make a baldur's gate 4 war of the gods maybe? will be really interested to see how larian going to do a high level campaign and if they can pull it off right. i have great fun in wrath of the righteous though.

Last edited by Archaven; 21/02/22 04:20 PM.
T
Banned
Banned
T
This game is set originally to max level 10. Expectations should be kept realistic. I hope max level is 10-13 maximum at full relase. I have played World of Warcraft MMO when it was World of Warcraft: Wrath of the Lich King newest expansion as released and I get it all about getting to max level and power and Raids and such stuff.

Dungeons Dragons is different it is more about slow levelup and a glorious journey an adventure. Personally I have never liked high level stuff in DnD though yes played BG2.

"
I am totally against max level 20. I have played also Pen and Paper Dungeons Dragons. I do like level 1-13...
I guess max level is 10-15.
Max level in BG1 was level 7.

I guess that in full release max level is 10-15. Example maybe max level is 12. Another think if they would do this more time and I want full release in Janurary-June 2023... hopefully full release in January-Mars 2023.
Please I do not want max level and then full release in 2024 thank you.
"

Now could they later increase max level? Of course maybe after full release there will be an expansion at some point, but as for now I only wait for full release.

enthusiast
enthusiast
Originally Posted by Archaven
i'm not sure are there mythic levels in dnd5e? i wanted level 20 and mythic levels too. but i want would be impossible for this campaign i afraid. best bet if larian is willing to make a baldur's gate 4 war of the gods maybe? will be really interested to see how larian going to do a high level campaign and if they can pull it off right. i have great fun in wrath of the righteous though.

There are not mythic levels but as I previously mentioned there are epic boons. Advancement once you hit level 20 is provided for in 5e just not through further level advancement.

Originally Posted by Terminator2020

This isn't BG1. The scope of the first act is already more grand than what was approached in the original BG.

veteran
veteran
Take a drink every time someone explains that, originally, the max level was ten.

A
journeyman
journeyman
A
Given that in bg3 early access my lvl 1 party kills a cambion and multiple mind flayers id say by level 10 ill probably be killing dragons and gods wink

T
Banned
Banned
T
Originally Posted by WebSpyder
Originally Posted by Archaven

There are not mythic levels but as I previously mentioned there are epic boons. Advancement once you hit level 20 is provided for in 5e just not through further level advancement.

This isn't BG1. The scope of the first act is already more grand than what was approached in the original BG.
Oh my now I read this not so often active on the forums. The scope hinted of bigger challenge perhaps maybe in Act 2 and Act 3. That said no way is chapter 1 alone better then whole Baldurs Gate 1.
Do not get me wrong. I do like BG3. I meant for full BG3 we need also Act 2 and Act 3 and together they should be a full excellent game.

Well and it is really funny I should take a drink when people are so high they believe this game will have even near level 20 at full release. My guess of maxium level att full release? 12.

Could they increase later maximum level? Of course it is possible to do an expansion and later after full release increase maximum level.

Last edited by Terminator2020; 05/03/22 02:34 AM.
enthusiast
enthusiast
Oh my now I read this not so often active on the forums. The scope hinted of bigger challenge perhaps maybe in Act 2 and Act 3. That said no way is chapter 1 alone better then whole Baldurs Gate 1.

Where, precisely, did I say BG3 was better than BG1? I said act 1 is more grand in scope than BG1. There is as much if not more content, at present, in EA than in BG1.

V
Van'tal
Unregistered
Van'tal
Unregistered
V
Will be greater than 10, 14 would be optimal (for the class feature).

A
addict
addict
A
Originally Posted by Van'tal
Will be greater than 10, 14 would be optimal (for the class feature).

thing is... not really sure what's larian difficulty design for bg3. regardless of level, i believe devs would like to give a challenge to players unless 1) we have knowledge and experience in the ruleset and classes 2) we have meta knowledge on the game (walkthroughs, gearing, builds) 3) mechanics exploits like barrelmancy, shove, chaining elemental effects, etc. i certainly hope for 1 & 2 but not 3.

P
Psi8889 Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
P
Way to be Debbie downers about max level everyone.( I kidded I know where most of you are coming from)
I'm just saying it would be kind of awesome to be LVL 20 at some point. We already have some epic level themes going on and there is already some higher power mischief going on (;P)
(Like we already have been in Hell with an alien parasite in our head what is LVL 20 compared to that.)

old hand
old hand
I wasn't a Debbie or a Downer; I was an Ursula Upper.

P
Psi8889 Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
P
Ragitsu you are the real MVP

T
Banned
Banned
T
I really like it lower levels... Pen and Paper has never been fun for me at really high level stuff.
Real Dungeons Dragons adventures people pen and paper does rarely even exceed max level say 15 not to say many great low level adrentures also exist it starts at level 1.

Well and it is really funny I should take a drink when people are so high they believe this game will have even near level 20 at full release. My guess of maxium level att full release? 12.

Could they increase later maximum level? Of course it is possible to do an expansion and later after full release increase maximum level.

P
Psi8889 Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
P
But this is a video game no pen or paper is needed and if get to be a higher level whether it's main or DLC, I think people need to understand that a video game is much different than a pen and paper game.

T
Banned
Banned
T
Originally Posted by Psi8889
But this is a video game no pen or paper is needed and if get to be a higher level whether it's main or DLC, I think people need to understand that a video game is much different than a pen and paper game.
Yes, but Solasta video game of Dungeons Dragons 5 and is max 10 level.
BG1 video game Dungeons Dragons was max level 7.
BG2 was much more level (did not like that so high level) but did not start at level 1 as BG3 does start at level 1.

Well and then they did say level 10... and after that said mayble little more ... exempel... level 12 smile for BG3 max level.
This is DnD 5th game.... level 12 as max if very fine smile.

Well and if you think about that now in Act max level is 4 and there are 3 Acts so maybe 3x4= 12 level as max level. Of course I could be wrong maybe max level is 10, 11, 13 or 14, but I only laugh at idea of max level 20.

Last edited by Terminator2020; 10/03/22 04:19 PM.
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  Dom_Larian, Freddo, vometia 

Link Copied to Clipboard