Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
apprentice
apprentice
Hotfix #16 included a note about the Mac version being a maximum of 2 weeks away. Today is 2 weeks, so I expect something today or tomorrow. The other part of that note was that they were "currently restructuring to ensure that future updates on Mac will arrive alongside their PC versions." I wonder why it took this long to do that. Like why wasn't it there from the start. I'm also very concerned about what else this "restructuring" may break.

apprentice
apprentice
Originally Posted by bobbd2000
Hotfix #16 included a note about the Mac version being a maximum of 2 weeks away. Today is 2 weeks, so I expect something today or tomorrow. The other part of that note was that they were "currently restructuring to ensure that future updates on Mac will arrive alongside their PC versions." I wonder why it took this long to do that. Like why wasn't it there from the start. I'm also very concerned about what else this "restructuring" may break.

Mac development has been happening in the past couple of weeks.

Have a look at the steam code updates ..
https://steamdb.info/app/1086940/depots/

Scroll down to branches section. Mac_Test1/2/3/4 have been updating every day.
When the Public branch gets updated, thats when it goes live.
Seeing as CH Main is currently the most recent update, I think there will be a QA branch soon, if not straight to Public.
So probably sometime this week, unless they find something else that really needs attention .. You cant really hold them to promises, bug fixing this game is complex.

Last edited by 4lt3rn1ty; 24/01/24 12:12 AM.

Laptop Dell G15 5510 : Win 11 x64
CPU - 10th Gen' Core I7 10870H 2.2-5.0ghz, GPU - NVidia Geforce RTX 3060, VRAM 6gb GDDR5,
RAM - 32gb (2x16gb Dual Channel) DDR4 2933mhz Kingston Fury Impact,
SSD - Kioxia M.2 NVME 512gb (System), + Samsung M.2 NVME 970 Evo Plus 1tb (Games).
I
stranger
stranger
I
Originally Posted by Beany81487
Hello. I would really like to know when I could expect a fix for the the bug with Cazador's Sinister Door. I have been so excited for this story line and now I am here and can't do anything to progress the story. There is no dialog option for inserting the family ring into the door. It doesn't recognize I have the ring or the dictionary. I bring Asterian, I follow the dialog options in order.

Just got to the Szarr Palace, very excited to finish Astarion's quest, and ran into this issue. It would be great if Larian acknowledged the problem, just so we know they're aware of it.

apprentice
apprentice
Originally Posted by Illuminancer
Originally Posted by Beany81487
Hello. I would really like to know when I could expect a fix for the the bug with Cazador's Sinister Door. I have been so excited for this story line and now I am here and can't do anything to progress the story. There is no dialog option for inserting the family ring into the door. It doesn't recognize I have the ring or the dictionary. I bring Asterian, I follow the dialog options in order.

Just got to the Szarr Palace, very excited to finish Astarion's quest, and ran into this issue. It would be great if Larian acknowledged the problem, just so we know they're aware of it.

If you want an acknowledgement, just send them a good bug report ..
https://larian.com/support/faqs/how-to-submit-a-bug-report_85
.. Scroll down the page at that link, and click Submit bug report.

They will send you an email either confirming its a known bug, or they will be looking into it.

Laptop Dell G15 5510 : Win 11 x64
CPU - 10th Gen' Core I7 10870H 2.2-5.0ghz, GPU - NVidia Geforce RTX 3060, VRAM 6gb GDDR5,
RAM - 32gb (2x16gb Dual Channel) DDR4 2933mhz Kingston Fury Impact,
SSD - Kioxia M.2 NVME 512gb (System), + Samsung M.2 NVME 970 Evo Plus 1tb (Games).
Salo Offline OP
Community Manager
OP Offline
Community Manager
Update:

Hotfixes 16 & 17 are now rolling out to Mac players!

old hand
old hand
Thanks, appreciate you keeping us all up-to-date!

veteran
veteran
yes just in time for the next patch

Luke Skywalker: I don't, I don't believe it.
Yoda: That is why you failed.
T
addict
addict
T
Well im not Playing the Game since Hotfix 16 or was when the 5.0 released..
Dont remember..
Im just too bored with the game already, i played too much.
But Keep the Hard work Guys..
The game still need a Bunch of Fixes as far as i can tell.
Maybe if 6.0 Bring anything New that is worth my time i give a Try again in the game..
(the only Bad Thing its that man its so F. Hard to find any new Game that is worth my time before BG3 that im really taking a Time of from Gaming overall.)

Last edited by Thorvic; 28/01/24 02:06 AM.
N
stranger
stranger
N
For those people who are frustrated with being unable to disable repelling blast, someone made a 2kb mod fixing the issue:
https://www.nexusmods.com/baldursgate3/mods/6034

Same with shield bash.

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard