So... I've not seen it yet, but it sounds like you're saying that in the new bite-night scene (back from being missing, I presume), you have a bunch of initial reaction choices, but no matter what you actually choose, your character always (at thee very least) grabs a weapon and threatens him, not matter what?

That's pretty ridiculous. If that's the case, then it's another sign that Larian simply don't understand what having a personal character is all about... and even after a year of feedback, they still don't.

Don't get me wrong - Most of my characters would probably assume, waking up with another party member crawling over them, that their goal was sexual violence. Their reactions would be varied based on the characters, but none of them would jump to "vampire! Better grab a stick instead of my actual weapon!", at all.

Also....

Just putting it out there again...

If we can, in this sequence, stab Astarion with a wooden stake, and he dies from it... That's Not How Vampires Work In The Forgotten Realms Larian!

It's not! Vampires and Vampire Spawn are only affected by wooden stakes is they are 1) incapacitated and 2) in their resting place. Astarion is neither in this situation, so a wooden stake does NOTHING to him, other than ruining his shirt.