Originally Posted by The Composer
Imagine a world where people have different opinions and are ok with that.

Stop being defensive about people having a different opinion than yours, people. Regardless of whether you're for or against something. The only correct response is "Cool, good for you. I don't enjoy shove as it is, this is why and I'd like for my voice to be heard by the developer." then leave it at that, move on.

I find the fact that the bulk of the argument that is actually taking place here is: "I want BG3 to adhere as strictly as is computer-ly possible to the 5e rules as written," versus "I like some of the things Larian made that aren't according to 5e," extremely important. It tells me that the simplest and best solution for Larian would be to make "strictly 5e" a game setting, one that can be slid on and off. Then both audiences are happy. Adjusting the existing Shove, Throw, and spell casting mechanics to fit with strict 5e RAW cannot be that difficult. The fact that there are essentially just two different viewpoints here: "I like the non-5e stuff," and "I don't like the non-5e stuff," is the most clear indication that these two audiences are the audiences that bought this game. There's really only one way to keep both happy. The question now is, does Larian care enough about both segments of their consumer audience to do what's necessary to make them both happy?